I'm brand new here. Bit daunting to know where to start. Well, perhaps someone could help?

I have a site that promotes Microsoft Access programming, services and technical support. Recently, I have plastered adsense all over the site. Now I want to add specific links so I can sell Microsoft Access 2003, Microsoft Office and so on. These are reasonably targetted to my target audience.

Who should I sign up with? CJ? Linkshare? Clickbank?

I'm new to this affiliate marketing stuff so help me out here!

Regards,

Jon

Hi Jon
    Read the back posts and the latest stuff being posted and ask some questions. Most of what you need to know is written about in here somewhere.

All the different networks have some people making money with them while others will tell you to keep away from a particular network because they've never made a dime with them.

I've read it from many different folks here that they can make some money with merchant "x" and others swear by merchant "y." What works for some will not work for others.

Read, read and read some more.

And welcome to ABW.

Ditto to Seedy bee's comments...

BTW...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    Depends on where your traffic is coming from. If you are UK-based (I'm guessing you're located in Brighton, Sussex as opposed to any other Brighton there might be), you might be better off joining UKAffiliates.com, AffiliateWindow.com and TradeDoubler.com and then finding a good merchant there that sells the products you want to promote.

You should also look into partnering with online course providers who offer Microsoft software training. Alternatively, you could send all that traffic to my online courses site. I won't pay you, but I will be grateful.

I want to supply both UK and US markets.

Wanted to sign up for cj.com but it seems so complicated I can't even find the application form! Where is it?

Regards,

Jon

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I can't even find the application form! Where is it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    https://signup.cj.com/member/publisherSignUp.do

ABW Ambassador
    Don't forget about Amazon UK and Amazon US. Both have all the computer stuff you could want and they convert very well if done right.

If I advertised Microsoft Access 2003 for sale from Amazon, is it likely to convert better than if I use another store?

What happens if someone else has followed an affiliate link to amazon before they click my link? Do I get credited or do they?

Regards,

Jon

That's odd! Just went to the signup page for cj.com and got confused on the Functional Currency setting. It only has US dollars as an option. I entered United Kingdom as my country but no £ sterling.

Any comments?

Jon

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread