Looking for a good but cheap web publishing program
    I have been using frontpage 2000 to publish my web pages. Now I have been getting all sorts of problems uploading such as web stats and ftp extensions that do not produce any results. I use Godaddy to do my hosting. Contacted them on several occaisions about it. They say it is not them as all features are enabled. It is that windows internet explorer is no longer recognizing these formats. Can I get around it, if not , can you you suggest any good but cheap web publishing programs. Thank you and hi to all.

Dactaxster

Sorry, I got the link wrong is kompozer.net
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; October 2nd, 2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: removed hotlinky and the post above that had a bad link (per OP)

There are other free tools, but I have to go for now. Have to get to work.

I can check on the address later, or you could Google for web authoring tools

someothers are AlleyCode and ConText

hope this helps out

Wordpress or Joomla, both free and far superior to what you're used to.

Wordpress and joomla are both great if you are using a blog type site, but I believe dactaxster is not, being they are using Frontpage to develop their site.

Although I would have to say that a blog is a good addition to any site, and they seem to get indexed with the search engines quicker.

The drawback of a blog type site is that you have to keep posting to the site so it takes time if you have it great. I am not clear as to the type of site dactaxster is using. If it is more of a site that you develop it and then leave it type with just some minor changes and updates?

So in any case any of the tools mentioned here are great tools. I write my own code so I generally use just a simple text editor like Notepad for webpages, wordpress for blogs, and Alleycode, or ConText for php. The last two support many more than just php type files so you can use them to write your html page files.

Another choice you do have is to use the site builder offered by godaddy being you said that is where you are hosted.
    Last edited by Link Master; October 3rd, 2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: misspellings

godaddy offers a site builder. I have already used. Agree with linkmaster. Give it a try. Not that flexible but it's ok.

MicroSoft still makes FrontPage only they have changed the name to Expression Web and added lots of new features that FP didn't have before. It's what I use.

More Info Here: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Expr...4580610&sr=8-1

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread