View Poll Results: Publishers: What's your monthly traffic?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 1,000 uniques per month

0 0%
  • 1000-10,000 uniques per month

5 33.33%
  • 10,000 - 100,000 uniques per month

4 26.67%
  • 100,000 - 250,000 uniques per month

1 6.67%
  • 250,000 - 1M uniques per month

3 20.00%
  • Over 1M uniques per month

2 13.33%
    Publisher Traffic Poll
    Like the income poll this is completely anonymous. I'll bet some of us are doing dramatically better than others who have much bigger traffic numbers. This will help us optimize our programs and advertisers hopefully.

ABW Ambassador
    Some may differ but traffic numbers are meaningless.

Targeted traffic is the key and it is difficult to do a poll on that metric.

I have to agree with Merchant Consultant Team, it's not the amount of traffic that counts, but rather how well you convert that traffic.

http and a telephoto
    Not sure what you hope to accomplish with your "polls", but you are asking for info that affiliates don't want/need to share and you are asking for metrics like traffic that are pretty much useless. The adage that "more traffic = better site = more conversions" pretty much doesn't apply to affiliate marketing.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'd have to agree. If you aren't getting clicks, sales, etc. then the number of unique hits/visitors you get is pretty much meaningless.

Just to liven the conversation let me argue with you guys on some points.

I realize the poll is an invasion of privacy, but if we know how we are personally doing vs. the forum, and we know we're doing "X" methods, this will tell us each if we're on the right track or we have to try different stuff.

I agree that traffic does not = money in some cases. I forgot about the paid placement people here, and should have said that it relates to organic search, where traffic most definitely = money.

I'm getting the impression that this forum has a few too many "easy money" types swooping in, stealing what info they can from forum gurus and leaving. So I understand reticence to do polls, especially if they're from somebody new. Yes, I'm new here but I'm also experienced (8 years) and hope just to make friends and help us all do better. Hopefully we can all hang out at the summit and you can guys can rib me about the nosy polls.

Quote Originally Posted by air2air
    This will help us optimize our programs and advertisers
    Explain how?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I say contribute here first and then do your polls. But, that's just me. Best of luck.

A poll like this will likely have such a small sample size that your results will be distorted.

Hello Haiko - and thank you for providing this forum.

I didn't expect any of this to be controversial; just thought it would help us all to get a better picture. It's only because I want to be a longterm member here that I'll explain myself. Otherwise I would split and wonder what the hell I did wrong.

The advantage of anonymous info is that we don't give up the personal, proprietary secrets we wish to keep to ourselves. It is the same Catch-22 you would have at a stock trading forum, for example. We all would like to find out what works, but at the same time we don't want everybody and his uncle to know what we're doing ourselves.

You know what works for you and I know what works for me. But if polls show that most people are making 10X more than you, or have never been penalized, etc. etc., then you will know that you have to make improvements.

What those improvements should be, is something you could do add'l polls on. Like are comparison sites doing better or worse, and if so, what types are working the best? etc etc. All anonymous.

In any case, if this is all a bad idea for whatever reason I'm happy to dump it.

Air2Air,

Don't take it personally. You're right, everyone's site is different, and what works for one may or may not work for another. I think the issue is that traffic numbers alone are really useless. The site I work for gets a whole lot of uniques, but with a very low CTR. Without clicks, sales are low. So again, I think the point is just that impressions by themself really aren't going to tell anything.

http and a telephoto
    You know what works for you and I know what works for me. But if polls show that most people are making 10X more than you, or have never been penalized, etc. etc., then you will know that you have to make improvements.

What those improvements should be, is something you could do add'l polls on. Like are comparison sites doing better or worse, and if so, what types are working the best? etc etc. All anonymous.
    That's making assumptions that everyone has the same goals. They don't. Not even close.

And whether comparison (for example) sites work today, they may not work tomorrow and they certainly *don't* work for the majority of unique mom and pop type affiliate programs that are selling unique and not comparable products to the rest of the world.

Certain types of sites work for certain types of products for certain demographics.
    Deborah Carney

Loxly you have an excellent grasp of the obvious. I think even my rabbit knows that:

"Certain types of sites work for certain types of products for certain demographics."

Wow, that's deep. But don't worry; I'm happy to just lurk and won't bother you anymore by starting threads.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by air2air
    Loxly you have an excellent grasp of the obvious. I think even my rabbit knows that:

"Certain types of sites work for certain types of products for certain demographics."

Wow, that's deep. But don't worry; I'm happy to just lurk and won't bother you anymore by starting threads.
    lol, You can start all the threads you want, but these types of polls are not going to get you much attention or usable information. Your own posts didn't seem to point out that you knew the obvious.

I didn't mean to offend you. And there are people that may read this eventually and *not* know the obvious. There are still lots that think there is a magic bullet of one set way to do things.
    Deborah Carney

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread