Getting Fit-Together is Better
    Hi!

I just started my new fitness program yesterday. A gym opened up near me recently and has great opening hours for me (open at 7am instead of 10 am like the other 3 clubs in my city). I prefer to work out before I start my work day, because once my butt is planted it is not getting uprooted any time fast.

So, of course, it's only day 2 and the elan will hold steady for the next 12 days. But I want to make this part of my daily routine. I get up with my hubby at 6:30 anyways, and he leaves the house about 7:30. As he is a capricorn ( : @ Mr. Sal) he is my built in drill seargent and will force me out of the house lol

But it would be great to have someone also starting to get back in shape to share all the gory details with and to commiserate with. Has anyone else recently started on getting fit? Looking for a partner in crime? Or a shoulder to cry on? lol

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by lintlin
    Hi!

I just started my new fitness program yesterday. A gym opened up near me recently and has great opening hours for me (open at 7am instead of 10 am like the other 3 clubs in my city). I prefer to work out before I start my work day, because once my butt is planted it is not getting uprooted any time fast.

So, of course, it's only day 2 and the elan will hold steady for the next 12 days. But I want to make this part of my daily routine. I get up with my hubby at 6:30 anyways, and he leaves the house about 7:30. As he is a capricorn ( : @ Mr. Sal) he is my built in drill seargent and will force me out of the house lol

But it would be great to have someone also starting to get back in shape to share all the gory details with and to commiserate with. Has anyone else recently started on getting fit? Looking for a partner in crime? Or a shoulder to cry on? lol
    Hi lintlin,

I think you're in good company with your drill seargent , because it's true, getting fit-together is much better that working out alone.

Here are two good songs to listen to, while working out:

You're The One That I Want - (You Better Shape Up) from Grease.

Physical by: Olivia Newton John.

Good luck with your new fitness program!

Hi,
    After a year of saying I'm going to do something to get healthy, my wife and I joined a club and cleared out the kitchen cuboards. We eat together and go to the gym together.
    My inspiration is my 16 month girl, Rebecca. I want to be there, healthy, for all her achievements and happy moments.

Thanks for the support! Unfortunately I won't be working out with hubby, but he will make sure I get out the door with him when he goes to work. I know that if I sit down at the computer at 7:30 like usual, I will not go to the gym at 10 like I would tell myself I would. This new gym opens at 7:00 am and that is fantastic. At 7am I can't get my foggy brain to think of a good excuse not to go that early in the morning lol

I have decided to do the body for life training challenge, and to tackle this like a work project. Workout plans are firmly scheduled, progress journal with milestone dates is set up and I am all geeked (I'm a geek, anyways, but hey...)

So we will see what changes and success I have made by Dec. 17!

Just a little update, I only have 10 more days to go on the challenge! Dec. 17 is my last day. I can't believe how fast these 12 weeks have gone!

Not much weight loss, only 3 pounds, but have gained a lot of muscle and a ton of strength. Now leg pressing 160 lbs, whereas I started out at 40. Biceps curls are coming in at 25 lbs per side. Hubby is starting to get worried that I'm catching up! lol

I didn't do the diet part, but I'm going to restart a 2nd challenge in the new year and try and do it right this time around.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by lintlin
    Just a little update, I only have 10 more days to go on the challenge! Dec. 17 is my last day. I can't believe how fast these 12 weeks have gone!

Not much weight loss, only 3 pounds, but have gained a lot of muscle and a ton of strength. Now leg pressing 160 lbs, whereas I started out at 40. Biceps curls are coming in at 25 lbs per side. Hubby is starting to get worried that I'm catching up! lol

I didn't do the diet part, but I'm going to restart a 2nd challenge in the new year and try and do it right this time around.
    I recently started back at the gym after years of inactivity. The hardest part for me was getting past the first few days. I am glad that I did though.
    Not sure how many weeks I have been going, not as many as 12 though.

You are doing well if you can curl 25 lbs, and press 160 lbs. Good luck with your program and future diet and fitness goals

I use to be a Drill Sergeant for the Army in 1994 at Ft Sill Ok, and a little advice for you is to start off slow and do not overdo it. There are three phases to getting in shape. Preparatory, Conditioning and Maintenance. So you will be starting with Preparatory so be careful.

We used to transform a 280 lbs enlistee into a 180lb fighting machine in eight
    weeks from just pushup, situps, and running twice a day. Motivation is the key though.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread