Walking for My Children and a Cure
    On Saturday my children and I are walking to raise funds for the Children’s Tumor Foundation. If you could help by sponsoring my children or me I would appreciate it. The Children’s Tumor Foundation is working to find a cure and treatment for Neurofibromatosis. Neurofibromatosis (NF) is a neurological disorder that causes tumors to grow on nerve endings. Tumors are a fact of life for those living with NF. It is a variable disease and it is progressive. That means it manifests itself in many different ways and over a lifetime its symptoms usually increase.

My children and I all have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I am not walking for myself; I walk to find a cure for them. I am walking for the thousands of children with NF. My children are walking for a cure for the thousands who have more complications and more severe symptoms. My children are walking to do their part to find a cure.

It was easier when my children were too young to understand. I did all the worrying. Now that they are 10 and 12 they are all too aware of the complications they will face. Even though they are casual when they come up to me and ask “Mom is this another NF tumor?” I know they are at times scared. I'm scared for them with every headache, every doctor's visit, every ache, every stumble. As a parent I want to fix this but I can't.

We call our team “Full of Hope” because we are full of hope. Every dollar and every step means we are closer to a cure.

We walked last year and we had a lot of support from online friends at ABW. This year I am asking again for help if you are able. Thankfully, they’ve improved the online donation quite a bit. If you can make a small donation visit http://www.active.com/donate/SIWalk/MSeery2 either sponsor the team or pick Ashley or Matthew.

Thanks for helping
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Thank you to my friends who have donated and to the merchant (an ABW member) who sent a generous check to me (made out to the Children's Tumor Foundation) via Fed Ex. They wish to remain anonymous and I'll honor that but I am touched by their gesture.

This does so much for my children's spirits.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread