Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Why Google Adsense Sucks
    Hi guys, this is your opportunity to tell everyone why Adsense sucks.

I have many reasons why I think it sucks but I will list one for now.

In my opinion, Adsense terminates affiliates without cause or explanation in numerous instances. That's my opinion.

Been with Adsense for years. Never had an issue, and make decent money.

Well I think they're Goons!

ABW Ambassador
    If you don't have the right affiliate partnership to monetize your web content, Google AdSense works. I don't think it sucks.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    Well I think they're Goons!
    Are we talking about Google the company or Adsense the product?

I've never had the opportunity to have an AdSense account. I've only had the opportunity to be denied one because of the previous owner of my website. I'd say that pretty much sucks.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I been with AdSense for years and I've never had any problems with them.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    Are we talking about Google the company or Adsense the product?
    It's kind of hard to differentiate but I was referring to Adsense.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I think their current policy to boot GAN affiliates because they lost their AdSense account years back sucks.

As for "terminates affiliates without cause or explanation in numerous instances", I would like to know if that is happening as it concerns me. I have heard, third hand, of such things happening.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead

As for "terminates affiliates without cause or explanation in numerous instances", I would like to know if that is happening as it concerns me. I have heard, third hand, of such things happening.
    Well it's in their terms, so I would take them seriously on that. Use them ad your peril but that's just my opinion.

I guess if you're making a 100k a year with them, you love them and you're ok. If this is you then you have nothing to worry about because they are a great network.
    I'm sure I'm in the minority here and I don't represent the average affiliate who doesn't make this type of money. So I must be a 1 percenter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    I think their current policy to boot GAN affiliates because they lost their AdSense account years back sucks.

Let me tell you first-hand that it does happen. Several years ago I got a warning letter that my AdSense account had some invalid clicks. This was a few years ago when you could actually get a response back from Google from a real human. After a few emails back and forth, they said the clicks were definitely from my site but couldn't give me any information beyond that. After searching high and low, I could not find anything I was doing wrong. My AdSense code was correct, my server logs were normal, I wasn't clicking on my own ads, I wasn't buying bad traffic, my traffic was up for holiday time but that was fairly normal as well. I didn't really know what else to look for and they didn't exactly give me any clue where to look. Basically, as far as I could tell, I was abiding by all their TOS and doing nothing wrong so I emailed them with a few possibilities of where the clicks could be coming from (malicious competitor, robot, incompetent user, etc) and left things alone since there was nothing I could do. A month later, I got another email that said there were invalid clicks, my account was immediately disabled, and all pending AdSense earnings were forfeited. All future appeals were denied or ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcrinoid
    Let me tell you first-hand that it does happen..
    This is the nightmare scenario for any AdSense publisher. Yes, there is a LOT of fraud out there with AdSense.. but Google can be incredibly arrogant and unhelpful.. especially when you bear in mind that some AdSense publishers earn them tens of thousands of dollars or more!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Let me tell you first-hand that it does happen. Several years ago I got a warning letter that my AdSense account had some invalid clicks. This was a few years ago when you could actually get a response back from Google from a real human. After a few emails back and forth, they said the clicks were definitely from my site but couldn't give me any information beyond that. After searching high and low, I could not find anything I was doing wrong. My AdSense code was correct, my server logs were normal, I wasn't clicking on my own ads, I wasn't buying bad traffic, my traffic was up for holiday time but that was fairly normal as well. I didn't really know what else to look for and they didn't exactly give me any clue where to look. Basically, as far as I could tell, I was abiding by all their TOS and doing nothing wrong so I emailed them with a few possibilities of where the clicks could be coming from (malicious competitor, robot, incompetent user, etc) and left things alone since there was nothing I could do. A month later, I got another email that said there were invalid clicks, my account was immediately disabled, and all pending AdSense earnings were forfeited. All future appeals were denied or ignored.
    Thanks for posting this. This causes great concern with me.
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

The thing is that I've made peace with losing the AdSense account and wouldn't put the ads back anyway even if I was reinstated. They might make some decent dollars but it wouldn't be worth risking my GAN account on. All I care about is not losing the GAN account, but Google doesn't care. Getting kicked out of GAN at the end of October will be getting screwed a second time for something I could not control, happened years ago, and is completely unrelated to affiliate marketing.

All I care about is not losing the GAN account, but Google doesn't care. Getting kicked out of GAN at the end of October will be getting screwed a second time for something I could not control, happened years ago, and is completely unrelated to affiliate marketing.
    It is very frustrating and discouraging. Give it a few months and watch this forum light up with similar stories. It's bound to happen.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

another problem.. when visitors click an ad it opens in the same window and leads away from your site with no option of opening in a new window. if you use coding to make it open in new window it breaches adsense TOS... hopefully they will fix this soon.

other than that im super paranoid about being suspended from the program, all my dumb@$$ friends insist on clicking the ads on my site and "giving me money" even though i told them 100x not to LOL.. i already emailed adsense once and told them to reset my account balance to avoid trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by mBenz-7
    another problem.. when visitors click an ad it opens in the same window and leads away from your site with no option of opening in a new window. if you use coding to make it open in new window it breaches adsense TOS... hopefully they will fix this soon.
    Policing the ads can be a real problem, especially when Google was recently implicated in delivering malware - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09..._google_yahoo/ - albeit unwittingly. I have blocked advertisers in the past because I didn't trust them, but it's difficult to check ads without clicking on them sometimes!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamoo
    it's difficult to check ads without clicking on them sometimes!
    Try the PPC Web Spy plugin for Firefox: "You'll even be able to see the exact landing page (i.e. destination URL) that each Adwords advertiser is sending visitors to, WITHOUT actually clicking on their Adwords ad and charging them money."

Basic version is free...http://www.ppcwebspy.com/

Still have not heard back from MSN's Beta alternative to AdSense. Applied 16 days ago! What gives? I think as long as AdSense has this monopoly, they will do what they want.

I never have problems with my adsense account...though it doesn't giving me anything

Never had any problem but I must admit it's not really profitable. I suggest to use line of words instead of big banners people will not click. What do you think?

Looks like this is not turning into an adsense bash thread after all

It's not what it used to be in terms of revenue, but I've been with them for years and so far, so good. The horror stories about account terminations just made me work more on diversity. 3-4 years ago, Adsense made up 80% of my income, now it's about 25% or so.

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Anat
    Looks like this is not turning into an adsense bash thread after all

It's not what it used to be in terms of revenue, but I've been with them for years and so far, so good. The horror stories about account terminations just made me work more on diversity. 3-4 years ago, Adsense made up 80% of my income, now it's about 25% or so.
    I guess it's 6-6. Six Have issues and Six think Adsense is the best thing since Apple Pie. Considering this is on the Adsense section, I'll take my six.

Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    I guess it's 6-6. Six Have issues and Six think Adsense is the best thing since Apple Pie. Considering this is on the Adsense section, I'll take my six.
    I'm with you Bibby. Google does suck.
    leeann

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    I'm with you Bibby. Google does suck.
    Thanks Leeann.
    The thing is that Adsucks is not affilaite marketing and trying to combine GAN and Adsucks is a dumb move.

Any system that has no effective way to determine when fraud really occurs or by who is a dumb sytem and one that shouldn't be promoted or one that merchants should stay away from. That's just my opinion.

There are google products I like but Adsucks isn't one fo them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast