Danmer Program Changed 9-1-09
    I've been successfully involved in the Danmer affiliate program, with a 12% conversion rate. Since September 1, I sent 40 leads with only 1 lead credited. I questioned how my stats could change so drastically, and this is what I was told:

"Sept 1 we made a change to the system. When a lead is submitted and the state drop down menu does not equal CA or NV we are now sending those visitors to a page that does not trigger SAS to record a lead. The lead still comes into Danmer's call center, and the call center still sends it back to me marked "out of state". The end result is that we won't have to void so many commissions, and I'm sure you know how that measurement is looked at by affiliates when deciding weather or not they want to sign up with a merchant. "

NOTE: I've never had a reversed commission for any of my leads.

I have essentially dropped my PPC campaign by lowering my bids so I'm not even competitive, but am thinking of totally changing my site to promote other programs.

After looking thru the forum, I was actually shocked to see Danmer has had problems with their program before. From now on, I will be checking here first before setting up a campaign.

So my question is: Is this type of "lead redirect" done often? Is it expected? My site specifically targets CA only thru PPC and mentions CA and NV throughout the site, so my visitors should definitely be targeted. I've also signed up for the RingCentral program so the phone number visitor sees should be my link.

Any suggestions? I'm fairly new at affiliate marketing and this was actually a great campaign until Sept. Thanks for any input you can provide!

Any Help?
    I am really looking for guidance here from someone more experienced than I am.

Do I abandon this program altogether? Replace it with other window treatment providers?

Any direction appreciated.

Thanks!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    This thread speaks for itself.

In the new edition of the Oxford English Dictionary, released this month, if you look up the word "cr**k", you cannot see the definition, because there is a blind up in front of it (and the text behind the blind was "appropriated" from an affiliate).
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

The level of "cr**kidity" at Danmer is nearly unparalleled. Nearly.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Run away, run away!!

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

BTW the TOS for the merchant at SAS does specifically say they only install in NV and CA. Has it always said that?
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Thank you SOOOO Much
    Thanks so very much for the candid replies I've received. The time you took to answer is much appreciated.

Rematt - I'll definitely RUN.

Since I already have a custom shutter site set up, I can just start promoting a different product. Any guidance as to window covering sites? I'm leaning towards Smith & Noble, Blinds Galore, and American Blinds, Wallpaper & More.

Kevin, from the time I signed up, the TOS did always say CA and NV. I focused PPC campaign for California only and wrote the copy for the site that way too. Before promoting, I actually checked the sign up page the visitor would fill out, and it only showed CA and NV as drop down menu options. I was making 6-9 sales per month with paid bonuses and at double the published payout.

September 1 it just stopped. When questioned, the Danmer AM emailed the explanation shared above and showed me that the link SAS affiliates are provided includes a drop down menu of all 52 states! Just didn't make sense.

I'm just too trusting I guess. And it was nice money for awhile.

Thanks again!
    Lynn

LOL. What extra 2 States are they NOT selling in?
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Sad, isn't it? If Danmer only sells in CA and NV, why have a drop down menu of 52 states that only affiliates are provided with? The actual Danmer site only has the 2 states as choices. Strange!!!

Thanks Kevin!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GardenDiva
    52 states
    ????????????? 50 US states plus Anxiety and Depression?

Danmer has had a massive tv ad campaign in LA for quite a while. Absolutely disgusting to see.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Good grief - Hilarious catch Affiliate Hound! Yes, anxiety and depression are the extra states! Thanks for adding some needed humor.

Lynn

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread