Adsense Odyssey
    So, I've signed up for Adsense because some highly profitable merchants for me are only on GAN (for now).

First, when I went to apply for an Adsense account, I was told the email address I entered was already connected to an Adsense account. That's odd because I created that email account just a few months ago. So, I then go to link this so called account, and, low and behold, I need to fill out all my website info and details, the same thing I would need to do if I DIDN'T have an Adsense account.

Soon after, my Adsense account is successfully linked (whew!)

Now, when I go into Adsense and look at my stats for this new account, I see that I have a handful of queries for 'AdSense for Search' and a couple of clicks... HUH!?! They're not from this month, nor last month, but for 'All Time'. Again, I HAVE NEVER USED ADSENSE IN ANY WAY!

From my perspective, Google did not have this transition process running smoothly before they mandated that I do it. I've received numerous warning messages about tasks I have already completed. At one point, on GAN, I had a warning message telling me the email address I was using for Adsense was not allowed. On the other side of the page, I had a message stating that same email address was successfully linked.

Google, as I've stated in other threads, the damage for me has already been done. I don't see you being able to earn my trust again. I have already switched out over 100 merchants away from GAN and onto other networks (CJ, LS, SAS). I will continue to use you as long as some of my most profitable merchants are only on GAN, but I am also actively working to encourage those merchants to open programs on other networks.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmMe
    Now, when I go into Adsense and look at my stats for this new account, I see that I have a handful of queries for 'AdSense for Search' and a couple of clicks... HUH!?! They're not from this month, nor last month, but for 'All Time'. Again, I HAVE NEVER USED ADSENSE IN ANY WAY!
    Sounds like yet another warning to tread carefully with AdSense. Now you can generate clicks and searches without ever running an AdSense ad... yet another way to get kicked out for something that isn't your fault and probably a Google screw-up.

All I can say is document everything you can about those clicks and that account and keep a close eye on it in the future for strange activity.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread