Affiliate Manager
    Greetings folks,

We are running an ABW specific promotion next week (March 21-27). Affiliates that generate at least $5,000 in sales during this period will receive a $100 bonus on top of their commissions earned. If you are interested in participating in the offer, please send me your ABW username and LinkShare ID. If you have not signed up with Overstock, but want to participate in this promotion, please sign up at http://www.overstock.com/alliance.html.

The Franck Muller challenge is running as well. Check it out in the Overstock forum or by clicking here:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...9&m=1736003885

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

ABW Ambassador
    How's your affiliate 1-800 shaping up for this competition? In compliance this week? Should I put up my Overstock links just in case they are? Naah... Nevermind.

Wayne

@ NorthernStudio:

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Lose the parasites first. Otherwise you will not find people here to promote anything for you...

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Speaking of Overstock issues, I obviously missed it but since when has everything except certain items all change to 3% commission.
    I thought that was only supposed to be media at the lower rate
    3% is a joke for a general merchandise offering such as theirs.

ABW Ambassador
    3% commission - that's garbage. Clark can take that and feed the parasites with it Worms like garbage so the parasites will too...

Affiliate Manager
    I don't want to stray to far from the promotion in this thread, however, to clarify what is written above, affiliates earn up to 7% through our program. This breaks down into two categories. 1) Media - 3%, 2) Non-Media - 7%. Media includes but is not limited to Books, Movies and Video's. Non-Media items include furniture, Bedding, Apparel, Electronics, et. This has been in effect for quite some time. If for any reason you are not receiving this commission structure, please let me know so we can fix the problem.

For all Parasite questions you can refer to my post on Feb 17th, the link is below.

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...965#8646078965

I hope this answers your questions, and I look forward to seeing each of you take part in the promotion.

Regards,

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Clark
    All I show is 3% and the a higher rate on select items
    Why not make it read media 3 balance at the higher rate
    I'm certainly not going to go through the list each time I make a link to justify adding it.

Affiliate Manager
    WW,

I understand your concern, the breakdown is as follows.

Media includes: CD's, Video's, DVD's, Video Games, Books, Computer Software, Magazines.

Non-Media: All other products on site.

Feel free to give me a call if you have anymore questions. I hope this helps.

Regards,

ABW Ambassador
    Is there a report on Linkshare that shows the commission earned on a per item basis? If there were then we could confirm we are getting the 3% only on the media items (no funny business), and then you would be getting these types of inquiries.

The Individual Item Report only shows the price, not the commission.

--> Oh, I just found it. The Product Success Report can be used to view the actual commission and price for specific items ordered.

---->>Uh-oh. This is getting interesting. You are paying only 3% on certain non-media items. Everyone should check their reports. I am seeing 3% for some apparel and accessories. When did the new commission structure kick in.

Affiliate Manager
    Jimbo,

This should not be the case and we are looking into this right now. I will keep you all updated on what I find.

I'm seeing 3% on Infant bedding.

ABW Ambassador
    It does not seem to be consistent for a specific product either.

For example, I sold five of one electronic item January - February. The commission for all five was 4.6%. This could mean that I got 3% for 3 of them, and 7% for 2 of them (3%+3%+3%+7%+7% / 5 = 4.6%).

Of course the price might have changed during that period, but it still comes out to an average of 4.6%.

By the way, this is potentially a problem for any merchant paying commissions on "Selected Items" where they upload all of their skus.

Affiliate Manager
    Jimbo,

There has not been a change in the commission structure. However, each time a new product appears on site it is classified and dumped into all the appropriate bucket. Those sku's are tagged with a commission of either 3% or 7%.

Unfortunately, there will be times when merchandising drops the sku into the wrong bucket or categorizes them as a default. The default sku's are automatically put into the 3% bucket. However, they are moved when they are brought to our attention or caught by someone internally.

We do our best to place the sku's in the right bins, but as with anything there is always some human error. Let us know when you catch something and we will fix it as quickly possible. Furthermore, we will happily adjust your commissions for any sale that occurred that was placed at the wrong commission level.

Please take note of the effects that a change in price will have on your commission levels.

Regards,

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread