Internet Service Thru Phone
    I saw a operating system listed in my logs that I had never heard of before. Looked it up and it is an OS for data enabled phones.

Is there anyway to distinguish between users who are actually seeing the site on their phone and users who are using their phone merely for an internet connect for their computer? I'm wondering this because how will one know when it is time to optimize for actual phone users if you can't tell the difference?

(Just so you know how out of it I am, I have never seen a website on a phone. I can't stand to use the thing for anything other than talking. I don't even open text messages when I get them)
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

ABW Ambassador
    All the smart phones of now a days including the very popular iPhone are all about web on phone.

Your log should always show the User Agent which would be different depending on the mobile phone used to view your site. If the phone is just used to feed a wireless signal to a laptop, then the browser on the laptop would provide the User Agent identification. Someone else can surely say that clearer.

No need to say it any clearer, that makes perfect sense to me. Thanks.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread