More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    As Much As I Dislike Godaddy's TV Ads . . .
    Their customer service is unmatched. And they have how many accounts? I called them for help on a domain forwarding issue and got all my questions answered, plus more info sent to me in case the IP address I was redirecting to failed to work.

My question is: Why can't Google or ebay do this for it's affiliates? Heck, you can't even email unless you have inside connections that provide you the address anyone much less speak to a real human being. As affiliates are we not part of their sales team?

Clearly Godaddy gets it - helping a customer is the best advertising they can do. I still scratch my head over their sleazy tv superbowl ads however.
    Last edited by Cheesehead; September 27th, 2009 at 07:10 AM.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    My question is: Why can't Google or ebay do this for it's affiliates? Heck, you can't even email unless you have inside connections that provide you the address anyone much less speak to a real human being. As affiliates are we not part of their sales team?
    I can't say why with eBay, but as far as Google goes:

1) They don't shive-a-git about their customers.
    2) They don't hire humans.
    3) Even if they did hire humans they would never empower them to act like humans.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

The quality of a organizations customer support speaks volumes about how much they value their customers. Customer support can be expensive but smart organizations understand the cost of customer acquisition vs. the cost of retention.

Unfortunately this doesn't really apply in this scenario because Google and ebay see affiliates as commodities, not customers.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt

Unfortunately this doesn't really apply in this scenario because Google and ebay see affiliates as commodities, not customers.

-rematt
    Yeah, we really are not customers, but we bring them customers. There should be a little value in that.
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Yeah, we really are not customers, but we bring them customers. There should be a little value in that.
    Unfortunately arrogance sometimes comes with size and they THINK we need them more than they need us.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I just noticed this thread http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...727#post962727
    so it appears Godaddy also uses the "shoot first ask questions later" policy like the other big players.

Sometimes I think some of these companies subscribe to the Despair . com poster ways of customer service.

Apathy - If we don't take care of the customer, maybe they'll stop bugging us.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I still scratch my head over their sleazy tv superbowl ads however.
    Yep that has puzzled me too. It's seems to insult your intelligence, but they probably are only trying for name recognition.

I have my names there and like you I find their support good. What I do hate is all the hoops you have to go through avoiding their products you don't need.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread