My main affiliate site was completely dropped by google about a month ago. In the past few weeks it was picked up by Yahoo and MSN.

I just love the fact there are more players in the Search Engine race.....

John
    Respectfully,

John

----------------------------------------------
    work = Initiate Demand
    passion = Global Ground Work

would you mind telling us why your site was dropped by google ? i had one that wasn't listed for months in google and all of a sudden it gained pr2 this month.

I think it's pretty obvious that Goggle is having ongoing issues with its SERPs. I've seen several perfectly legitimate sites (none of them are mine, so I'm being objective here) drop back to page 7 or 8 of the results, while the first couple of pages are filled with spammy sites that use doorway pages.

Meanwhile, I've noticed my traffic from Yahoo is picking up quite a bit. These two things indicate to me people are beginning to look outside of the Google box, which is not good for Google. It shows people don't think they're necessarily getting the best results from Google any longer.

And they aren't.

Andy

I've been using Yahoo search more and more when looking for useful information. The google results are just getting too spammy to be worthwhile. Also, have found wisenut to be pretty useful sometimes.

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    I have experimented with some spamy pages for google just for kicks on sites I don’t care too much about. Nothing super spamy, but spamy none the less.

These pages are doing great for the last few weeks on google and some of my good pages are not doing so hot.

I've also noticed a huge improvement with Yahoo and MSN. Yahoo seem to be spidering pages pretty quickly - in fact, I uploaded a new page a few days ago and I was really surprised when I starting getting referrals via that particular page within 2-3 days. Some of my pages are ranking pretty well with both these search engines which I'm very happy about. I'm still holding my own on Google although a couple of my pages have dropped a notch or two.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm waiting for Google to also notice those spammy pages and weed whack them without mercy as they're so obvious. Affiliate SEO/SEM spammy techniques will look like floaters in a cesspool easily skimmed from the next SERP update. Those that keep bouncing to the top will get Google humanoid reversed engineered by a blacklist of keyword phrases attached to the Google Bot.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Squiggie

I've thought about doing that just for fun. Put up a page that is full of spammy techniques just to see what happens.

Haven't had time though.
    Deleted

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm waiting for Google to also notice those spammy pages <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, you are patient, you have been waiting for years now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I've thought about doing that just for fun. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I don’t link them to any sites I plan on having around for a long time, but it’s interesting to see what google is saying and what is actually happening on my site(s).

ABW Ambassador
    Google is just a search engine. Yahoo is much more. Google has to be much better at being a search engine to keep people's interest in the long run. I think Google has just steered its wagon onto Alta Vista Drive.

More surfers will begin shifting to Yahoo when they want to google the web, if Google doesn't improve soon.

what is google I didn't realize they were still around my traffic is about msn 48% yahoo48% google 2% traffic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squiggie:
    I have experimented with some spamy pages for google just for kicks on sites I don’t care too much about. Nothing super spamy, but spamy none the less.

These pages are doing great for the last few weeks on google and some of my good pages are not doing so hot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Seriously, how do you make a spammy page.
    I say we hit it hard and we hit it fast with a major, and I mean "major" leaflet campaign.
    Arnold J. Rimmer : Jupiter Mining Corporation

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread