ABW Ambassador
    Hello all GeneTree Affiliates, please check out the bold print in yonder letter and tell me if you believe their system is adequate.

To me, with it NOT being automatically tracked through CJ, no matter how GeneTree performs this practice/program, there is too much room for errors.

quote:
    GeneTree Affiliate News 2nd Edition
    Date: 08/22/2002

Things have been going well this month - except for the minor snafu we had for about two days with our affiliate links (those responsible in development have been properly flogged), kit orders are better than ever, and it is all because of you!

As far as getting you all your sales from your kit orders, please sit tight for about a week longer. Our development team is working with kit processing to create a program that will automatically credit affiliates for their sales and send the information to me so I can upload it to CJ. So don''t fret - your kit orders are all being tracked, and when there are sales, you will get credit for them!

Also, remember that with our kit orders, sometimes people will hold them for a month or longer before they actually send them in (lets face it - we live in a generation of procrastinators). However, due to the wonders of tracking technology, these kits will always be associated to your affiliate ID. So even if one of your customers sends in their kit a year later, you will still get your commission on the sale.

Now for our Top Link Update - from August 1st to today these are our top performing links and banners, based on kit orders:

Link ID 9224721 Order a Free Paternity Testing Kit
    Link ID 9323758 Free At-Home DNA Testing Kit
    Link ID 9224748 Free Paternity Test Kit 468x60

I hope this report will always be helpful! I will publish it with every newsletter. If you want more detailed information, contact me personally and we''ll talk.

To end, I want to throw an idea out that I would like to get some feedback on from all of you - I would like to choose an Affiliate of the Month and post it in our newsletter, but I want to know how all of you feel about it. Know that your opinion will make a difference - I am going to make my decision solely based on your feedback.

Once again thank you all for your partnership - you are making our program a success, and I am always at your disposal to help you make your program successful as well. As always, contact me at the email address or phone number below with any questions or suggestionns, and I will respond asap. Keep those kits coming!

Regards,
    Paul Barlow
    GeneTree Affiliate Program Manager
    801 802 9500
    pbarlow@10xmarketing.com

I have also informed Mr. Paul Barlow that I have posted this here for other affiliates of GeneTree to be aware of the above in bold.

I hope all involved will participate. Also, if I am mistaken here, I'm sure all involved will be kind when they let me know to . . . I'm only human, so be gentle, even though I believe, no matter what anyone tells me to the contrary, this tracking issue to be inadequate.

Thanks All...

[ 08-22-2002: Message edited by: Cyclone ]

Well, I hope for GeneTree's own sake that they're tracking.

I've got a great spot on Google for them next month, on an important search phrase, so they better track, or I'll find someone else to send the visitors to.

I was aware of this situation before I signed up, and decided to give them one month and see. That month is starting in just a couple of days, when the Google update is ready.

If that Google spot doesn't sell, something MUST be wrong. I'll get back to that in a months time.

I agree totally that the tracking method is questionable, but I spent some time thinking about it, and came to the conclusion that I must try and trust the merchant anyway. Even if they have a better tracking system installed, it can be tampered with if they so want. - They'll get this month from me.

quote:
    Our development team is working with kit processing to create a program that will automatically credit affiliates for their sales and send the information to me so I can upload it to CJ. So don''t fret - your kit orders are all being tracked, and when there are sales, you will get credit for them!

It would really be nice if Paul Barlow could come in here and ellaborate on what that means. I really don't understand what he is trying to say. Didn't they track before?

I have one small sale registered from GeneTree. I don't have any idea how, because the site isn't in any search engines before the Google update is done in a day or two. (I have one external link pointing in, it could be that, but that link was meant for Google's eyes, not people's!)

What will be the difference from today?
    A couple of sensible words could also help calm my nerves a bit about all the customers I'm sending him next month, thanks to Google.

[#&%@£#% typos all over the place!]

[ 08-22-2002: Message edited by: OveB ]

Cyclone and OveB --

Thanks for being active members of the GeneTree affiliate program!

I read your concerns regarding the GeneTree/CJ tracking system. We have a new manager for the affiliate program, and we are now uploading sales data on a weekly basis.

Of course, free kit orders are tracked real-time, because they are generated on the web. The higher commissions we offer from conversions of those leads take longer to track, because they come through offline channels (ie, through the mail!). As the fulfillment department receives the completed kits, they compile the information in a database which is uploaded to CJ and our internal tracking system every week.

I hope this answers the questions you have -- if not, feel free to contact me or our new affiliate manager. (I don't want to post my email address, but it's in my user profile!)

I will check back here, too, if you prefer to discuss in open forum.

We are committed to providing quality service for our marketing partners, and we value your participation.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Tom Dalton

A couple of decent size commissions received from GeneTree already this month so they're definitely crediting sales.

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

Hello guys,

May I ask if you are genealogy sites running GeneTree campaigns?

I've a genealogy site. I tried to push a similar DNA testing service, Family Tree DNA. There have been 50,000 impressions, with 2,000 clicks. Not a single purchase. Do you have better conversion ratio with GeneTree? Family Tree DNA affialite management is done by CJ, too.

Thanks for any input.

radix

quote:
    Originally posted by radix:
    Hello guys,

May I ask if you are genealogy sites running GeneTree campaigns?

Family Tree DNA. There have been 50,000 impressions, with 2,000 clicks. Not a single purchase. Do you have better conversion ratio with GeneTree? Family Tree DNA affialite management is done by CJ, too.

radix

Hi Radix, its better late then never [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

With Genetree we has send 1,467 click, has has converted into 152 sales. NB! Sales ain`t the same as money income, read their rules. It means shipped out and don`t tell how many customers who really send the test back for analyse, when the payout really happends. In fact we`re getting paid for ca 10% of those clicks.

Yng

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread