Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2009
    Posts
    10
    Unhappy 5 figure affiliate suspended from EPN (for what reason?)
    Hello all

    Apologies for swooping in here on my first post like this, but maybe some of you will understand.

    I have been an affiliate for EPN since the CJ days and started doing a few bucks a month which eventually grew to a few more and lately it has been over $10,000 per month - all coming from organic search traffic

    so last week I got the dreaded email that my account was 'suspended for review' well my first thought was "at least they didnt terminate me"

    right?

    So I answered their questions and now I am just waiting....
    waiting....
    waiting.....
    maybe they are on coffee break....waiting...
    its been about 9 days now... still waiting....


    I was earning about $4-500 a day in straight commissions from my organic listings and now these are just dropping into the pond. - with a huge chunk that was going for my mortgage just sitting there not being paid out.

    I cant really change my monetization methods as all my "content" is actually the eBay RSS feed.

    not doing anything remotely shady unless using their RSS feed is shady.

    I really have no idea wtf to do? I dont really post on fourms, but not really sure what else there is to do since nobody at EPN seems to reply on what is going on and each day I just am
    waiting...

    waiting...

    but not sure for what?

    any recommendations or advice?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Full Member
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2005
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    180
    "nobody at EPN seems to reply."

    What dreadful support from the big companies that we all LOVED.
    Well they are like nazi. You don't care until it will kill YOU and everyone will follow sooner or later.
    And they kill you for random REASONS that only they understand, that in a normal world would not stand a chance.

    Lesson learned.
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by pexcornel
    "nobody at EPN seems to reply."

    What dreadful support from the big companies that we all LOVED.
    Well they are like nazi. You don't care until it will kill YOU and everyone will follow sooner or later.
    And they kill you for random REASONS that only they understand, that in a normal world would not stand a chance.

    Lesson learned.
    Well sure thats great to say after the fact and sure lesson learned, but regardless of all that, I would prefer my account back.

  4. #4
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by wwind
    5 figure affiliate suspended from EPN (for what reason?)

    I really have no idea wtf to do? I dont really post on fourms, but not really sure what else there is to do since nobody at EPN seems to reply on what is going on and each day I just am
    waiting...

    waiting...

    but not sure for what?

    any recommendations or advice?
    Thanks
    It looks like you're not alone on that issue!

    Check this thread: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=124443

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    It looks like you're not alone on that issue!

    Check this thread: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=124443
    Lol.. thats comforting. . . I guess....

    I understand their need to "ensure network quality" - it must be a grizzly business for them with people coming at them from all sides...

    I remember some time back my paypal got limited. . at least with paypal I could call them and get an update and 2 way communication on what was going on.. and making sure that they had what was required to complete their review. Right now with EPN, I am not sure if they are reviewing, or having a cup of coffee or what? All I know is I am loosing $4-500 bucks a day while they do...
    Last edited by wwind; September 29th, 2009 at 11:10 AM.

  6. #6
    Comfortably Numb John Powell's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2005
    Location
    Bayou Country, LA
    Posts
    3,432
    Apologies for swooping in here on my first post like this
    Not required as long as you share the final resolution to your problem.


  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2009
    Location
    South of France
    Posts
    5
    I feel for you. I don't have enough posts here to PM you so I'll reply here.

    I'm not sure where you are but on your fugures the cost of a phone call is irrelevant. Contact http://www.ro-eye.co.uk/contactus.html and speak to Chris Worthy. R O Eye help manage EPN and this guy has the tools to tell you whether the quality of your traffic meets EPN desired quality and he also has a direct line to eBay people. Please do this, 10k a month is important stuff.

    When you've done that perhaps you can email me and tell me how to make more than the measly 20 a month I make from my EPN sites!!!

    mc at malcolmcooper.com

    Cheers and the very best of luck with this,

    Malcolm

  8. #8
    ABW Adviser Panel Dynamoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Opposite the Slough of Despond
    Posts
    5,465
    I didn't know that RO Eye managed EPN? I've had dealings with them in the past, they're a good outfit.. so that approach might be worth following up.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2009
    Location
    South of France
    Posts
    5
    Yes, as you can see from their home page http://www.ro-eye.co.uk/

    I've spoken with Chris Worthy in the past and he's very helpful.

    Malcolm

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shopperama
    I feel for you. I don't have enough posts here to PM you so I'll reply here.

    I'm not sure where you are but on your fugures the cost of a phone call is irrelevant. Contact http://www.ro-eye.co.uk/contactus.html and speak to Chris Worthy. R O Eye help manage EPN and this guy has the tools to tell you whether the quality of your traffic meets EPN desired quality and he also has a direct line to eBay people. Please do this, 10k a month is important stuff.

    When you've done that perhaps you can email me and tell me how to make more than the measly 20 a month I make from my EPN sites!!!

    mc at malcolmcooper.com

    Cheers and the very best of luck with this,

    Malcolm
    Thank you for this. I got in contact with him and now at least I have a point of contact, which makes me feel much better. I understand their need to review etc... its just the talking to a brick wall aspect that distresses me in particular.

    Making the $$ with EPN is not too hard. What I do is similar to what BANS does.. It put up lots of pages with EPN RSS feeds. However there are a few things that are different

    1 - Its not BANS - so its not horribly footprinted.
    2 - There is useful content added to each page. (the search engines like this)
    3 - I pull listings via keyword. (generating the keywords is another story in itself)

    So I just do that en masse (meaning more than you could ever count) and it doesn't hurt to have domains that already have authority instead of fresh ones off the block.

    After we get past this little incident I will do a post explaining a little bit more (as you don't want to be taking advice from the guy who is suspended...lol)

  11. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2009
    Location
    South of France
    Posts
    5
    Hey, your advice is very welcome and valuable. I guess my main issue is traffic (the lack of it that is). I'm no slouch at SEO but the one factor that's difficult is time, or rather patience. What kind of traffic numbers make a site effective with EPN and how long does it take to build it up? I know niches vary but I'd be interested to know whether it takes hundreds of uniques a month or thousands or tens of thousands.

    You mentioned it doesn't hurt to have domains that already have authority instead of fresh ones off the block. mmmm! after reading a number of posts by terminated affiliates an often used reason from EPN is the rather vague "associated with a previously banned domain" or words to that effect. Could one or more of your domains be triggering a problem?

    I guess from what you say that you are producing a hell of a lot of sites in a lot of well researched niches. I don't expect you to reveal all but I'd love to see just one of them. Do you build on Wordpress?

    I look forward to reading more tips from you. I remember eating being a pleasure and I'd like to try it again sometime.

    Malc

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shopperama
    Hey, your advice is very welcome and valuable. I guess my main issue is traffic (the lack of it that is). I'm no slouch at SEO but the one factor that's difficult is time, or rather patience. What kind of traffic numbers make a site effective with EPN and how long does it take to build it up? I know niches vary but I'd be interested to know whether it takes hundreds of uniques a month or thousands or tens of thousands.

    You mentioned it doesn't hurt to have domains that already have authority instead of fresh ones off the block. mmmm! after reading a number of posts by terminated affiliates an often used reason from EPN is the rather vague "associated with a previously banned domain" or words to that effect. Could one or more of your domains be triggering a problem?

    I guess from what you say that you are producing a hell of a lot of sites in a lot of well researched niches. I don't expect you to reveal all but I'd love to see just one of them. Do you build on Wordpress?

    I look forward to reading more tips from you. I remember eating being a pleasure and I'd like to try it again sometime.

    Malc
    lol, remember you are taking advice from the guy who is currently suspended. Like I said, its not right for me to be spouting off until this current situation is resolved, lest I unwittingly lead you into high waters. When that is resolved, I will be happy to share some tips

    Thanks.

  13. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2009
    Location
    South of France
    Posts
    5
    Thanks, you know where I am.

    Malc

  14. #14
    Full Member GoColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    380
    Shoperamma brings up a good point that EPN should address. If we are purchasing existing domains we need an instrument to verify they are not on EPN's sh*t list.

    I'm also interesting in hearing more about your effective methods - keep us posted.
    "God moves imperturbably, slowly, and with perfect organization. The only wise rate at which to live is God's rate. God get things done and they are done right and He does them without hurry. He neither fumes nor frets. He is peaceful and therefore efficient." - Norman Vincent Peale

  15. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by GoColts
    Shoperamma brings up a good point that EPN should address. If we are purchasing existing domains we need an instrument to verify they are not on EPN's sh*t list.

    I'm also interesting in hearing more about your effective methods - keep us posted.
    UPdate: Thanks to some advice given in this thread, I was able to (be) contacted and have a real live conversation with someone at EPN.

    Apparently being proactive was necessary to get someone to look at it. So we are almost out of the woods (hopefully!)

    though the reason for the suspension seems to just be a flag throw by an increase in earnings as I had a few really big days though who really knows.

    So hopefully now in a few days the account will be back.

    As for your other questions on domains. I am very aware of the dangers of buying "old" domains so I always go through a few steps

    -check the cache, archive and backlinks on the domain and assert proactively %100 that it has never been before owned by an affiliate. (if its not clear then I dont buy it)

    Basically if I see any evidence of low quality backlink building or products listed or even keyword targeting then I dont touch it. the reason being is that we are all affiliates here and when is the last time you let a domain drop without good reason?

    After the account issue with EPN is fully resolved, I promise you guys a proper introduction and new thread on some strategies.

  16. #16
    Member gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2009
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by GoColts
    Shoperamma brings up a good point that EPN should address. If we are purchasing existing domains we need an instrument to verify they are not on EPN's sh*t list.

    would domain activation (verification) help in this regard?

  17. #17
    More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Land of The NFL Champs!
    Posts
    2,942
    So you started making more money for them and that triggered a suspension? Wow.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

  18. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    So you started making more money for them and that triggered a suspension? Wow.
    I am not really sure, but based on my conversation that seems possibly to be the case.

    I am completely dependent on googles whims for my traffic and earnings. So I guess Google (adjusted) their algo - and a few of my sites that we not doing as well really shot up and started sending quite a bit more traffic than they used to and then we have the suspension...

    on a side note, all the people I have so far been in contact with at EPN seem actually pretty competent with really good knowledge of their industry and program. I was impressed to actually be able to talk shop about some of the nusaces of the industry with the person I spoke to (and you were expecting a drone from Omaha)

    I think the HUGE issue is that these few competent people are hidden behind a GIANT wall of automation that seems to need a little work...to say the least

    will keep you updated when this is finally resolved.

  19. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2009
    Posts
    5
    WWind I too am a EPN affiliate and have learned that you can't count on ebay to make a living without running into some kind of trouble. First of all one of my sites that gets tons of traffic was ditched by them because of a reason they made up and pulled it out of their a&*&%,at first i thought why would they dis my site, so after some research I found that they were competing with me on the very niche my site was on 1st page! Ebay had adsense ads and in the top of the fold on 1st page. My message is use epn cautiously,never put all your eggs in one basket,and use other networks to make your money with because ebay will jerk the rug out from under you at anytime.

  20. #20
    Full Member bobby131313's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2007
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Posts
    550
    I too am a EPN affiliate and have learned that you can't count on ebay to make a living without running into some kind of trouble. First of all one of my sites that gets tons of traffic was ditched by them because of a reason they made up and pulled it out of their a&*&%,at first i thought why would they dis my site, so after some research I found that they were competing with me on the very niche my site was on 1st page!
    Never in all my years have I heard of them ditching one site from an affiliate. It's always been all or nothing.

  21. #21
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    Never in all my years have I heard of them ditching one site from an affiliate. It's always been all or nothing.
    I know of a couple of cases where a single site or specific sites were disallowed -- but that was because the domain names included trademarked name brands. In those cases, they actually warned the affiliates involved and those affiliates removed the offending sites and kept their accounts intact.

    But, yeah, my experience has mostly been "all or nothing," too.
    Generate more fake news.

  22. #22
    Full Member GoColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by wwind

    After the account issue with EPN is fully resolved, I promise you guys a proper introduction and new thread on some strategies.
    We're still waiting
    "God moves imperturbably, slowly, and with perfect organization. The only wise rate at which to live is God's rate. God get things done and they are done right and He does them without hurry. He neither fumes nor frets. He is peaceful and therefore efficient." - Norman Vincent Peale

  23. #23
    Newbie
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2009
    Posts
    5
    wwind,

    Was hoping you could give an update as to whether your account was reinstated or not (and about how long it took).

    I am in almost the exact situation you were in (five figure earnings, steadily rising over the past few months, recent spike in search engine traffic resulting in high earnings, and account suspension). Found this thread while Googling for similar EPN suspension cases.

    Staying as patient as I can for now, but it's a nice chunk of change and it'd be great to be back in EPN.

  24. #24
    Newbie
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by sysbuilder
    wwind,

    Was hoping you could give an update as to whether your account was reinstated or not (and about how long it took).

    I am in almost the exact situation you were in (five figure earnings, steadily rising over the past few months, recent spike in search engine traffic resulting in high earnings, and account suspension). Found this thread while Googling for similar EPN suspension cases.

    Staying as patient as I can for now, but it's a nice chunk of change and it'd be great to be back in EPN.
    Change your links now. They may pay more attention to the case if you take away your traffic.

  25. #25
    CPA Network Rep
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2009
    Posts
    33
    Oh
    It seems a lot of affiliates have met this kind of matter before. I bet they really care about your traffic, but if you don't send any bad traffic, It is their fault.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Secret Confessions of a Former Four-Figure EPN Affiliate...
    By GoColts in forum eBay Partner Network
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 30th, 2011, 08:33 AM
  2. Suspended for 1 month and counting, my emails ignored by EPN
    By Eduardo in forum eBay Partner Network
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 7th, 2011, 11:48 AM
  3. EPN kicks sub-affiliate networks to the curb
    By knight01 in forum eBay Enterprise Affiliate Network
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 3rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: January 28th, 2007, 04:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •