Hi ther every one! The other day I was viewing a site that uses affiliate programs to make some cash. The thing is, they had almost the same merchants that I have on my site, from linkshare.com, and I suddenly tought, why not copy some of the offers (coupons) and just change the id number from that person to my id number and then posted on my site, insted of searching on the linking options in my account. Is this posible? or will I not recive commisions using this metod? Thanks!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You'll have to get permission from Connie and other ABW couponers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Marito...
    Alot of people put many hours into building and maintaining their sites. To do what you are asking about would be equal to plagiarism in my opinion.

It is not considered ethical.

The fact that you asked shows you have some ethics.
    Deleted

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You'll have to get permission from Connie and other ABW couponers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't need permission from ABWers to post Linkshare coupons.

The only problem with this idea is that a lot of coupon sites get the coupon details wrong (wrong code, wrong expiration date, etc.), unless they are dynamic links. So you ought either use the dynamic links yourself, or at least go into Linkshare and check the validity of the info.

If the merchants is offering coupons for all affiliate to use they either send you the email or it's on the networks or if it's outside the network (indy) it is added to where you get links, so anyone can keep the special offer updated.

It's what every ethical couponers like Connie do, they work constantly to update those offers by going through their merchants and some give exclusive offer for that particular affiliates. So it is not good to copy what you see on others site.

But of course it's just my opinion!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    That is true. Some of the coupons might be exclusives. And you might have to change the offerid and subid if you were to grab a link from another site. Better to get the ideas from the coupon site and retrieve the actual link from your account.

As I recall, Connie (and many of the big coupon sites) has coupons not offered directly thru the affiliate programs. They must be taken from other sites and/or other publications, or by encouraging people to post coupons gathered from other sites on the forums.

Thank you everyone! It's something that just pop'ed on my mind, but I know now, It's not right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marito:
    Thank you everyone! It's something that just pop'ed on my mind, but I know now, It's not right. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sometimes grab a book ASIN or two when surfing and create my own link with my boilerplate Amazon code - but I'm not taking the links wholesale, just jotting down the ASIN for future use, (as in "oh yea, I remember I wanted to put that book up") thus saving the trip into Amazon.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread