Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    North Carolina
    Slimmed Down by 17%
    Since June of this year, I have removed 164 merchants from my site. Between getting dropped for no sales, merchants closing their affiliate programs, and new tax law implications, I have slimmed down to the tune of 17%. The majority have been due to no sales, about 10%, so the NC tax laws didn't make the biggest dent.

A benefit and probably the only benefit is that I now receive that many less emails each week in my inbox.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Mmm, sounded like you'd lost a lot of weight, lol. I could do with losing 17%, I might be able to fit back into my polyester Disco shirts. Seriously, though, less emails, same amount of money is a good thing.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Does having fewer merchants give you a greater chance at promoting the ones you have left? Sometimes narrowing the field can increase yields. I hope that will be the case for you.
    <a href=""><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href=""><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread