New To Affiliate Marketing/ShareASale
    Hey guys,

I work for a company called Accessory Genie, we are an electronics accessories manufacturer and retailer. We just started with Share-A-Sale last week and i'm very excited to see where it might take us. I do have a question for you affiliates out there. What is it that you look for in a program? I am trying to tailor our program to be great for you guys but I am unsure of what exact specs you guys would like to see. We currently are on a pay-per-sale at 12% commission. What more can we do for you guys? Please let me know! Thanks!

-Jason

Hi Jason,
    My #1 requirement is communication and response to emails. I'll take a look at the program. Can you send me an email to saverschoicecoupons at gmail.com?

I want to ask you something about the program.

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    i know many affiliates like great graphics that are available in a myriad of sizes and a well optimized site on your end so keep checking those analytics and tweaking your pages to increase conversions once they reach your pages.

And I second Bibby -- great support is a must.

One other thing that I like is regular updates in a form of a newsletter. Keep your affiliates current about new products and deals.

Accessorygenie, do you offer a Datafeed? That is primary importance to me.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Welcome to ABW Jason!

You should definitely sign-up for this webinar that is tomorrow!

Affiliate Voice Education Call: How to Evaluate a Merchant Program

http://nyaffiliatevoice.com/2009/09/...liate-program/

It will be great for affiliates wanting to learn how to evaluate programs but also for merchants wanting to learn how to set-up a good program.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Thanks for the mention of the webinar Matt. Jason you are more than welcome to attend the webinar. In addition to affiliates, we have several merchants also attending the call.

There are several threads here at ABW that address what affiliates look for. While specifics vary - tools and trust are premium.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Gamweb, we just uploaded a partial data feed(only a small portion of our product line) this morning.

We are trying to help you guys out as much as possible. How important is it to you guys that we set up auto-deposit?

I will attend the webinar tomorrow as well. so much to learn.

-Jason

ABW Ambassador
    auto-deposit is a MUST

Welcome to ABW, Jason. You can learn a lot here from some very talented and experienced people.

Auto Deposit? That is a MUST HAVE. Many top producing merchants will not consider a program that is not on Auto Deposit. And make sure it is funded at a high enough level so that a couple of large sales won't deplete it too quickly for the auto refill from your CC.

Also you should make sure that datafeed is well categorized and is available in PopShops and GoldenCan.

Good luck with the program.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accessorygenie

I will attend the webinar tomorrow as well. so much to learn.

-Jason
    That is great Jason! See you there
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Jason, Welcome to ShareASale & ABW!!

In addition to auto deposit, regular communication (i.e. affiliate newsletters), and a product Datafeed, a few I would add to the list are:
    • Set up monthly affiliate promotions (if there is margin to do so in your budget)

• Utilize the ShareASale Coupon and Deals Database

• Offer creatives that land deeper on your site than the homepage. You could create some banners or text links for the different categories on your website, for example.

• Be available. Have your full contact information listed in your program bio, welcome letter, newsletters, etc. so affiliates know who to contact with any questions about your program.

Sounds like you're already off to a great start!
    Thanks!

Sarah Beeskow, ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: sarahshareasale | e: sarah(at)shareasale.com

Thanks Sarah.

The webinar yesterday was very helpful, thank you.

I've got another question, I've seen some people talking about GoldenCan and PopShops. I checked out the websites and I am still unsure of what these sites are used for. Can someone explain?

Short explanation is GoldenCan and Popshops are tools some affiliates use to help create product links for their websites. Requires less technical knowledge and allows any affiliate to utilize merchant datafeeds.

Glad you found the webinar helpful. Feel free to follow up with me at any time.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

As mellie stated, they provide a simpler way of displaying products or coupons that update automatically.

So lets say I want to feature a merchants current coupon offerings. I would sign-in to Goldencan, choose the merchant, then choose to feature coupons. Golden can would then provide me with a javascypt code to place on the webpage I desire.

that would be it and I would have a page that would automatically update with the most current coupons.

I personally prefer Goldencan. I find it easier to use and they curently allow affilaites unlimited store creations, while Popshops limits a free account to 3 stores (Unless they recently changed this).

And I prefer PoPshops but I have a subscription not the free account so I use it to create keyword rich content. It is one of many great tools that affiliates can use.

And welcome Jason
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread