ABW Ambassador
    Question "auto update" Datafeed notification?
    sorry i couldnt explain it very well on the title.

what i am looking for is the same feauture webgains and zanox offers for their merchants' datafeeds.

its a link which you "call" and it either gives you a yes/no (wg) or a date (zanox) which informs you accordingly on the first case whether the feed you have already downloaded and is in your database new or old and in the second case the date of the feeds update data and time ... so you can "decide" whether to download the respective datafeed in question or not...

does avantlink offer something similar like the above? cause from what i saw they offer a link which you can download all or only the new products (updated) so i will have to download the full feed all the time irrespective whether its updated or not when what i would like is to download the full/entire feed only when updates on this particular feed have taken place.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Hello KGP,

I am not sure what other networks might offer. But as datafeeds go with us, we check for updates daily from each one of our merchant partners. If they have feed updates daily or more for us, than our automatic import routines will have the latest feeds for Affiliates.

When we have new product data daily from merchants, that also means that any dynamic tools Affiliates might be using are up-to-date as well.

Another thing to look at is our Incremental Datafeed Downloads for Affiliates. This will help in downloading only the most recent updates of feeds, instead of downloading the whole feed every time altogether.

Introducing Incremental Datafeed Downloads for Affiliates

Hope that helps,

I should add (some of the other guys looked at this and wanted me to be sure everyone reading this knew)..

KGP, We do have basically what you are is looking for via an API call.

Link: http://www.avantlink.com/api.php?hel...bscriptionFeed
    This module allows you to retrieve a list of your datafeed subscriptions, along with certain pieces of information about the merchant feed such as the date/time of last update, the total available record count, etc.

ABW Ambassador
    Gary as usual once again your affiliate support is superb!!!

could you plz send me more info regarding the api in order to pass it on to my devs ?

once again thanks!!!!!

Hi KGP,

Sure, documentation for our Affiliate API is available from our public site (click link).

Gary M

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread