Hi there! I recently was reading about webpositiongold2 at webpositiongold.com, has anyone tried this company? They have a 30 day free trial. They optimize your sites for better position on search engines, but I realy haven't tryed any software for that. The price is a little high, about $149.00 or something like that. Hope to read your comments or suggestions on optimizing my SE ranking. Thank you very much!

ABW Ambassador
    Well, we can absolutely GUARANTEE how your site will rank on Google if you use it.

I got banned from google for using Webpositiongold. I know this for a fact because they told me why I had been banned.

Steer well clear of it is my opinion
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    What exactly does it do that gets you banned?
    I forgot what I was doing.

write to Google they will give you the info. They told me about 18 months back that they banned me for using the automated program Webpositiongold they actualy named it. I did not bother to write for further info as I was grateful to get another chance to back n Google again.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

When you build a new site you want to link to it from another site with good Google PR, so google will index the site. You want to build a bunch of pages on your site and link them from a "site map." You can make keyword targeted pages that get ranked in google and therefore drive traffic. Yahoo is completely different, I know you have to get your site in DMOZ to be listed in Yahoo. And there a bunch of free submission programs you can use. Not sure if that program is necessary. My 2 cents.

ABW Ambassador
    "Yahoo is completely different, I know you have to get your site in DMOZ to be listed in Yahoo. And there a bunch of free submission programs you can use. "

Not true. Yahoo, Google, MSN finds sites by following links. So you just need to get links into your site and thats it. I wouldn't use any free submission programs. If you want to submit your site you can do so for free at Yahoo and Google. Better just to get links IMO.

As far as SEO it's best you learn to do this on your own. You can read the SE insight forum here, or webmasterworld is a great place to learn to. There are also some SE forums worth checking out.

That's correct...you can also do Overture "Site Match" to get urls indexed into Yahoo (it was formerly called Inktomi).

ABW Ambassador
    You could but SiteMatch probably isn't for 99% of the people here. Paying for inclusion and paying per click on top of that, kinda crazy. Plus why pay when you can get in for free Just concentrate on getting links in and Yahoo will pick you up for free.
    If you want to spend money you could always do Overture PPC, the minimum bid is now 10 cents if you join now, wouldn't recommend to somebody new, but at least you can choose what keywords you'll show up for. With Sitematch you could very well show up for some untargetted keywords and i wouldn' want to pay 15 or 30 cents a click for that.

yeh, really. for 5 cents a click you could drive an adwords program - and save the 30 cent for the ads that work

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread