Aff Network keeps $$ after 365 days
    I saw a notice yesterday that an affiliate network changed their payout threshold from $50 to $100. In addition to that, if the publisher doesn't meet the threshold by 365 days, the commissions are forfeited to them.

I have not seen that other networks do this and was (kinda) shocked to see it. Are there more that have a similar policy?

Guessing they are looking for more productive publishers, but what is wrong with thanking the publisher, pay them and then terminating them for low volume? If it's really a issue with low volume, why don't they just weed them out upon application?

I do know that one other network keeps commissions if the merchant leaves. (That really sucks!)

I have specifically not mentioned names because I don't want this to become a biatch session about particular networks. Just looking for a general discussion about networks and why they don't payout on legit commissions.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Quote Originally Posted by suzie250
    I saw a notice yesterday that an affiliate network changed their payout threshold from $50 to $100. In addition to that, if the publisher doesn't meet the threshold by 365 days, the commissions are forfeited to them.

I have not seen that other networks do this and was (kinda) shocked to see it. Are there more that have a similar policy?
    I agree, this hurt me too ! I would understand account termination if i.e. the affiliate is no more reachable, but cancelling legit commissions on active account is... enough to leave such a program asap and register another one

Needless, to say, I immediately took the few links down that I had up. I should have titled this thread: Reasons that networks or merchants don't pay on commissions.

1. Time limit on meeting the payment Threshold
    2. Return by customer is past merchants stated return days
    3. Non payment (bad credit card) by customer

Return days - If you have never looked at non-commissionable reports, DON'T Do IT! It just might make you want to throw up! lol
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread