Forcing Cookies - Why isn't it allowed
    I've contacted a few merchants at CJ and it seems they aren't against forcing cookies however it looks like CJ doesn't allow it.

I don't know why ...

I've never abused anybody forcing the cookie and all it does is make money for the merchant and me by allowing me to direct the traffic to exactly the page I want them to see which is normally the sign up page.... big deal !

I get a little tired of my cookie getting jacked by these guys just so they don't have to pay the commission I rightfully earned.

Since I started forcing it and bypassing where I think my cookie gets lost or overwritten I've been making 4 times the cash I was making before.

I'M PISSED OFF ABOUT IT ... AND I'M ON A FREAKING CRUSADE TO MAKE IT PERMISSABLE. I don't believe it hurts anybody if it's not abused.

Now I find out ... I'm not suppose to do it ... but why can't I do it... ?

ABW Ambassador
    ??

15 years and counting
    From CookieMonster website. "It's All About Stuffing Cookies"
    This idiot is even selling how to do it.
    Don't worry you'll be banned in no time from all the networks (and even this board, I hope)

Cool
    What you're doing is nothing new - even though you say on your sales page that very few people are smart enough to do it - but, you are one of them.

All you're doing is opening a hidden iframe with an encryped code.

You can do that with a simple self encrypting php code.

And it was caught with my security on my computer and it did not set the cookie you wanted set. It blocked it.

[code]
    // Javascript/HTML hex encode
    function encode($input)
    {
    $temp = '';
    $length = strlen($input);
    for($i = 0; $i < $length; $i++)
    $temp .= '%' . bin2hex($input[$i]);
    return $temp;
    }
    $str = encode(''); ?>
    [code]

The results would be the following written in the html on your web page and it would open a cookie for the encrypted cookie.

What you would look for as a manager would be the:

document.write(unescape in the html and they are probably trying to set a cookie with an iframe.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; October 2nd, 2009 at 04:57 PM.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

errrrm.... How exactly is cookie stuffing making a merchant money? Good clicks from interested buyers make merchants money. Cookie stuffing erodes it.

Where are you coming from on this?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

15 years and counting
    Why do you think he cares for the merchant?
    He just want to make money selling his code.

There are only a handful of people with the expertise to be able to create these scripts, encrypt them, and deliver a finished product on the cheap ...
    I've made it affordable ....It's $20.00 per Affiliate Code ... 5 separate encrypted affiliate codes for $80.00 (remember you can place multiple cookies on your site)

I can accept Paypal but you must E-mail me with your link. I will test it and guarantee it. 24 hour turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    errrrm.... How exactly is cookie stuffing making a merchant money? Good clicks from interested buyers make merchants money. Cookie stuffing erodes it.

Where are you coming from on this?
    He's trying to encrypt affiliate links for you for - $20.00 per link - and he thinks the people here are dumb enough to pay him to do it.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    @cookiemonster...I have sent you an email to sign up. Just make sure to click the attachment: "conficker.worm" to verify the links I sent you

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster
    I've never abused anybody forcing the cookie and all it does is make money for the merchant and me by allowing me to direct the traffic to exactly the page I want them to see which is normally the sign up page.... big deal !
    What about the affiliate cookie that you overwrite when you stuff that cookie. Just suppose that the visitor to your site found nothing compelling enough on your site and had no intention of clicking anything. You've basically hijacked a commission from an affiliate that actually earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie thief on his web site
    That's right ... It's done when the Customer First Clicks on your Website and no matter what color of hat you wear ... it's legal and it's deadly.
    You are obviously as stupid as you are unethical. Every networks TOS forbids cookie stuffing. Perhaps you should spend as much time learning the rules as you do breaking them.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie thief on his web site
    I don't broadcast what I'm doing ... and you have to be cool ... You have to be quiet ... You have to be slick ... Don't tell the world you are doing it and you'll be happier $$$..
    Oops, sorry. I just sent an email to every major network along with a link to your site and a copy of your whois record.

It amazes me how thieves always try to justify their behavior, it also amazes me how stupid they can be. You didn't really think you'd find takers here did you? You obviously mistook us for that other forum.

You are exactly what affiliate marketing doesn't need. Go find another way to steal and leave our business alone.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    I've contacted a few merchants at CJ and it seems they aren't against forcing cookies however it looks like CJ doesn't allow it.

I don't know why ...
    Really, can you name a few merchants who allow cookie stuffing.

Since I started forcing it and bypassing where I think my cookie gets lost or overwritten I've been making 4 times the cash I was making before.
    Of course. Stealing does make you rich. You cld ve as well said, "Since I started robbing local banks, my income has gone 4 fold".

I'M PISSED OFF ABOUT IT ... AND I'M ON A FREAKING CRUSADE TO MAKE IT PERMISSABLE.
    Yes, start your own network.

I don't believe it hurts anybody if it's not abused.
    Right.

I'm not suppose to do it ... but why can't I do it...?
    Didn't you say, you are doing it and have grown 4 fold.

funny the cookie monster was always busted for stealing cookies not pushing them hahaha

"Since I started forcing it and bypassing where I think my cookie gets lost or overwritten"

laughable who is overwriting who

Home Page: *orcecookies.com
    "THAT'S WHY I FORCED A COOKIE INTO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN YOU CAME TO THIS SITE" posted on linked site...is that a link that should be removed from his profile?

"... it's legal and it's deadly" well your 1/2 right :-)

I've never abused anybody forcing the cookie and all it does is make money for the merchant and me by allowing me to direct the traffic to exactly the page I want them to see which is normally the sign up page.... big deal
    You don't need to cookie stuff to send visitors to the page you want, and get credited for it. URL redirection is enabled on many CJ merchants, and basically on all merchants that have product catalogs.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    There are some networks that dont accept deep order page linking without a look at the product page. I wish they allowed cookies to be set on the order page somehow or some quick refresh on their end.

That being said I dont force cookies and have never tried.

I think you have focused on either slimy industries where people click around 20 times before buying or you are obsessed with the people that you are losing from your sales process. Maybe change your sales process?

Make it more of a warming up and then guide them to the product page?

And stuffing cookies will get you in trouble with everyone from forum members here, networks, web hosts and customers.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread