Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Do You Treat Your On-Line Business Like A BUSINESS ?
    I'm sitting here doing my weekly reports, employee payments, tax and local what I have to pay to others that don't know me crud ...

I don't do this weekly with my on-line sites.

They make me over 70% of my entire revenue, but don't get the love that my bricks and mortar businesses get.

Do you treat your on-line business like a business?

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Tax Paying Member
    Yes.
    Operate as a division of the B & M business. Same book keeping and tax pay proceedures.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

If online business is your business model then you will agree that we have to do the boring part of the job. When the pleasant part, making sales is greater than this latter, then, we get really satisfied, don't we?

I let my husband handle all the book keeping, and he does it faithfully once every two months... so yes, it's treated like a real business in that respect, but I'm not the one doing it. Whew.

Yep - bookkeeping and insurance and an attorney and a CPA with accounting services. This year I hired a (high priced) tax attorney to set up our new structure and have retained a CPA firm to handle (almost) all of the bookkeeping and paperwork. I love building the Internet "things" for the business but abhor the paperwork aspect. I decided it's time to let someone else do "that" stuff - especially since we are considering also becoming a merchant (still in the investigative/negotiations stage).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

A business? Yes and no.

It's clear to me that if I put more effort into a website it will make more money.
    But that's speculative - compared to charging out at an hourly rate and knowing I'll be paid when I send the invoice.

I wish I could make 70% of my income from affiliate sales and online activities. But the reliable customers who pay me by the hour for my 'day job' will come first.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread