Tax Paying Member
    Are we moving to Atlanta
    On Wednesday afternoon of this past week, my wife had a job interview in downtown Atlanta. Nice job with a salary in the low 6 figures. I went along for the ride and to keep her company. We parked where instructed by her potential employeer, a large parking garage directly across the street from her potential new office.

Sometime during the 2 hours that we were gone, someone broke the car window, lifted my laptop, which was down behind the drivers seat and behind tinted windows and could not be seen from the outside. The parking garage did not have security cameras in the parking areas. Te parking attendant was in the area, I assume to see which vehicle had the screaming alarm.

It took almost 15 minutes for 911 to answer the phone. It only took another 30 mins for a nice friendly policeman to join us by the car. He was quite helpful, told us that this was his second of the day and that this was a regular happening.

This was my affiliate work computer. As soon as possible, I set up a new e-mail account and then started changing access information to everything. A pain in the butt.

Needless to say................She is turning down the 6 figure salary. We are not moving to Atlanta.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

ABW Ambassador
    Angry What a city
    Sorry about that trip ect. BUT Nice call !!!

Talking
    You could move to Chicago - they don't ever have any crime and corruption there.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    You could move to Chicago - they don't ever have any crime and corruption there.
    My wife was in Chicago the week before. Her only problem was the most disorganized airport this side of Antartica.

We both travel a lot, together and individually........large cities and otherwise...........Maybe we have been lucky but this is our first incident like this
    Last edited by Witzer; October 3rd, 2009 at 12:08 PM.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Sorry this happened to you all.

I would also not feel comfortable moving if I had to work in that area with so much crime.

Safety first.

15 years and counting
    Sorry to hear that Witzer. Atlanta is a wonderful city but you have to avoid downtown. I spent years in Dunwoody, Buckhead and Marietta and never had a problem.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Sorry to hear that Witzer. Atlanta is a wonderful city but you have to avoid downtown. I spent years in Dunwoody, Buckhead and Marietta and never had a problem.
    You are right .........We have spent a lot of time around Marietta and Kennesaw.....................
    But the job offer requires that my wife work downtown ............No way are we gonna do that .............
    Carolina China

15 years and counting
    Believe me, I understand you.

Yeah there are some parts in downtown Atlanta that are avoided when I go down there. Its a shame underground Atlanta is smack in the middle of it.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

The parking garage did not have security cameras in the parking areas. The parking attendant was in the area, I assume to see which vehicle had the screaming alarm.
    Parking attendant ...?

--------------
    The butler did it!

Atlanta is a good city with many business opportunities. As you may know many fortune 500 companies used to deal from Atlanta city. Kenneth cole for example is located in Atlanta.
    I am sad for you but may be you should considered this event like an isolated bad experience.

Affiliate Manager
    Sorry to hear about the bad experience.

I went to school and worked in downtown Atlanta for years. Loved the city..the people..the restaurants and never once had a problem. BUT -- that was then. Times have changed. What a miserable trip for you all. Sorry
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread