Many times I sit down with the intention of working on my sites. A few hours go by and I realize I spent all that time surfing around here...

This happen to anyone else? Or is it just me?

Dak,

No, it's just you. Now, what was I working on again?
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

ABW Ambassador
    Happens to a lot of us. Maybe Haiko can do some courtesy banning

http and a telephoto
    Must make pages, must answer PM, must see new topics, must respond, no never mind, erase response and move on, must look at sites, must check out new programs.... WAIT... Was going to make new pages..... import a database, tweak a template, build with WebMerge, go to WebMerge forum, help newbie, read more new posts.....

Why are we here? LOL
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    ROFL!

So true!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Dak,

I have the same problem so you're not the only one.

For the last two weeks I come here first after I check my stats but, after reading all the BS that is going on about why sales are down, I don't feel like touching any page.

I guess I will wait until April before I continue working on new ideas.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    "after reading all the BS that is going on about why sales are down, I don't feel like touching any page."

What BS are you talking about?

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Sal:
    For the last two weeks I come here first after I check my stats but, after reading all the BS that is going on about why sales are down, I don't feel like touching any page. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have quite the opposite problem, I get too many good ideas from here and then don't know which to do first!

I think some people are putting too much faith in hour to hour stats and are failing to create a better model to make money. I look at what works, I look at what doesn't, try to fix what doesn't and then move on to the next task.

I am by nature a person that multi-tasks and some tasks will percolate for months before they get going, so being here and being distracted is all part of the learning and thought process that goes into building my personal business.

I like distraction, when it teaches me something, or when I get to teach someone else something. I find brainstorming invigorating and basically that is what we do here, free form brainstorming, or rather that is what is the most useful here. The whining I ignore and can do without. BUT sometimes even listening to whining can make you think of something you didn't before....

Silver lining and all that jazz....
    Deborah Carney

Animal Lover
    Deb,

you're a little ray of sunshine. I love your enthusiasm and spin on life. Keep it coming.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yes.

(Oh, look...a cow!)

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    What BS are you talking about?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not complaining about nothing here, I'm just answering a question.

Maybe I don't typed right at 02:31 AM because I was ready to go to sleep but this is what I meant to say.

March has been a very disappointing month to me for may reasons like:

To many delays on CJ this month, the reporting, the login, the few merchants that leave the network this month and then I had to change many links and pages, tracking may not be affected but, this month I have about the same number of impressions and double the targeted hits but, sales are about the same as last month [where is the $?], I guess I don't have to mention the ad-blocking, the parasites and the cookie issues here since that's something we all must endure for now.

Now BF, I have a merchant sitting on my commissions this month and instead of seeing payment made, it says (awaiting funds), this is the first time that I see that on a merchant that I use on my site and specially now that I have 10 sales and I don't know if that merchant is going to pay BF so BF can pay me.

Next, at the beginning of March I was waiting for the new network to open to see if the ad-blocking and the cookie issues would be fixed so I can start moving my links to the new network and see if I can make more money there, so I dint do much work with my other merchants because I wanted to see first who was going to be available on the new network but, so far it looks like there will be no new network for now.

Also, like many people here, I too have been looking forward to the new ABW and getting desperate when a feature no longer works as before but, I know that everything will be fix soon.

In conclusion, I am not complaining about nothing here, I'm just an ABW addict and some times I rather spend my time here reading, learning, killing time while my pages are making money for me and also getting entertained by some posts made by professional posters here, than by working on my pages and getting new links.

If ABW goes away one day, then I will have to buy me a satellite dish again, because almost every day this has been my routine lately: (I know that I must change that routine)

First thing I do, turn computer on, check my mail, check stats on all my affiliate accounts, go to ABW and depending what I find new here, spend anywhere from ½ hour to wherever time I need in order to read most of the new posts since last visit, (my record is 14 hours stray in here one day last year)

If I don't spend to much time here, then I go work on my pages, if I find new ideas here, then I go work on my pages, if I read about a good merchant here, then I go work on my pages, if I find some bad info here about a merchant that is up to no good and I am working with that merchant, then I may go to work on my pages, if ABW is dow and I can get in, then I go watch TV for a while.

Last thing I do before turning off my computer, check my stats on CJ and BF for the second and last time in the day or the night.

But.

I am going to try to go back to be my old self again and coming April 2nd, I will start working on my pages and concentrating more on what merchants are worth my time and my space, I have a list with about 100 merchants that are ready to be eliminated from my inventory next month and I have a new list of new merchants that I want to try for the first time.

Notice that I say April 2nd and not April 1st ???, well I don't trust nor belief nothing I read or hear on any April's 1st, are you crazy?

On a positive note, Google was nice to me this month, 70% of all my pages are in the top 40 and I getting three times more the amount of visitor that I had in January, so I am looking forward to brake the $1k barrier in the next few months.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh ok. I thought the bs you were talking about was something like this:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=805104523

Parasites have become very convenient for some affiliates to put the blame on for a sales drop or something like that, keeps some from accepting responsibility for their own success or failure. For that same period of time other affiliates progress. Usually a sales drop is do to more competition or a SERPS change.

I rather have a merchant with parasites than a merchant ad-blocked.

With a merchant with parasites there is at least a 50/50 chance that I will get a sale and the visitor may bookmark the page and come back and click on another merchant later.

But, If the merchants links and ad's are blocked, then I am worried because I may lose that visitor for ever.

The competition don't bother me much because if they're listed ahead of me, that tells me that I must fine tune my pages a bit more, the only time I worry about the competition is when they're cheating the rules just to be listed first even if their site have nothing to do with the searched word.

Sal.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    It was either MouseJockey or BFLH that had a good essay around here about getting distracted. Ends up being exhausted after a long day of trying to get things done but being distracted each time, and not really knowing why, lol, it was kind of funny.....
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Want to talk about distracted.... you folks ever play Civ III? It's hands down the most addictive game ever. If you haven't played it, for the love of God, don't buy it!

You'll never get any work done again.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oscar:
    you're a little ray of sunshine. I love your enthusiasm and spin on life. Keep it coming.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks Oscar. I'm not all sunshine, but I try...
    Deborah Carney

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JP Sauve:
    Want to talk about distracted.... you folks ever play Civ III? It's hands down the most addictive game ever. If you haven't played it, for the love of God, don't buy it!

You'll never get any work done again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, don't buy Prince of Persia.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamBay:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JP Sauve:

You'll never get any work done again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, don't buy Prince of Persia. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or Medieval: Total War.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yep, I get distracted by a lot of things. One of those is the wife bless her heart. She is a computer widow. I try to do most of my work between 10pm and 3am so I can stay out of trouble. Brad

Whenever you have an efficient government you have a dictatorship.
    Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I used to get distracted by a lot of things, kind of easy to do for me.
    But then I got smart on either side of my monitor is a picture of my new Toyota 4Runner and the log home I want, real quick motivator to keep going and make more pages and more sites.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread