Changes to Shops Not Showing Up Live
    What causes the changes to a shop to NOT show up immediately on my webpage (using PHP coded shops)? I just edited a shop, added a new product and it didn't show. Then I rearranged some of the products thinking that might force it to show. Nope.

Does it have to do with my web host?

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

NO...I think PopShops just hangs up once in a while. I recently was changing the style of my shop and it wouldn't take. I even logged off and back in again and still nothing. I gave up and tried later and it worked just fine.

One thing I have noticed is if you have 100 items in your shop - you cannot rearrange the order. You have to delete at least one item , rearrange like you want it and then add that 100th item back in.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by porkchop
    NO...I think PopShops just hangs up once in a while. I recently was changing the style of my shop and it wouldn't take. I even logged off and back in again and still nothing. I gave up and tried later and it worked just fine.

One thing I have noticed is if you have 100 items in your shop - you cannot rearrange the order. You have to delete at least one item , rearrange like you want it and then add that 100th item back in.
    I've seen something similar. If I have a shop with say 12 products, and I need to change one, if I delete it and then add a new 12th product, no problem. But, it I add the new product causing a new row of spaces to appear, and then delete the one I want to replace, it can take hours, or even days, for that deleted product to "go away", and for any re-arranging that I have done to show correctly.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Interesting. I don't always check each shop after making changes but maybe I should start doing so. It's time-consuming enough just replacing inactive products.

This morning the shop in question is showing the changes and rearranging so something corrected itself overnight.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

I've seen this also, where changes don't seem to "take." What I do is change shops from the dropdown list, then return to the one I made changes. The changes either now show or if they didn't "take," I redo the changes. I figured this was somehow a Mac FF problem but I guess not.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I have ended up creating new pages because no matter what I do the revisions do not take.

It appears that often after changes the code is not being regernerated and no amount of "tricks" can make it happen
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

I was advised by PS to try repositioning some items during a shop edit to see if that would force the page being edited to refresh. I doesn't always but I have found that if I move on through and edit another shop and then go back to the problem shop that changes will show up.

Now, if I could find out why SEO rules don't always work...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread