QCP Since 10/1/09: Same, Better, Worse?
    Tomorrow marks day #5 for those who transitioned to QCP on the 1st: How are your results thus far?

For now commissions appear the same for me.
    "God moves imperturbably, slowly, and with perfect organization. The only wise rate at which to live is God's rate. God get things done and they are done right and He does them without hurry. He neither fumes nor frets. He is peaceful and therefore efficient." - Norman Vincent Peale

Lightbulb
    still zero here; apparently I don't bring buyers -- only lookers.

About 25% better with QCP.. Wish they would have done it sooner..

I am enjoying it so far, a pleasant surprise. Probably about 30% higher earnings so far.

Up roughly a third. All good.

So far this month I've earned just over double what I would have under the old system. I don't really understand why but I sure won't gripe about it, I just hope it lasts. Maybe I send a lot of traffic that buys something and then clicks expensive banner ads on top of that???

If you take out the ACRU fees I'm about even for this month, add those in and I'm down around 60%.

Watched it last month and was about the same problem. I ended up QCP being about 10% less than fee based earnings, but it was due to a big bump in the QCP in the last week that helped catch up. Seems to be an issue with those sites that have highly targeted visitors/low click ratios.

There is another anomaly that I'm noticing, but need more time to see what happens.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

We sent out a newsletter at the beginning of the month, which usually brings in high quality clicks. Looking at the transaction report, we would have gotten $34 under ACRU; right now were at $7.48. Since the newsletter brings in higher quality clicks, its possible the lower quality clicks from our website will even things out by the end of the month, but so far it doesnt look good. Obviously, its not a huge amount of money, but its discouraging to have it taken away.

I'm down 55% for my main campaign on eBay.US -- prior to QCP I made about $0.68 for every $1 in revenue eBay received, I'm now getting $0.27 in commission for every $1 in revenue eBay received.

The campaign directs people to a list of hockey cards for a player that they are searching for. The CTR on the campaign is pretty good -- on Tuesday, I had 847 impressions, 300 clicks, 121 bids, and 58 winning bids. I earned $12 for all that, or about 21 cents per winning bid. Prior to QCP I was earning about $0.63 per winning bid.

Oddly, I considered that campaign to be the most targeted of the several I have. I am actually doing slightly better under QPC with several other campaigns which I consider to be less targeted. It may be because the people using the hockey card search tool are already heavy eBay users and eBay may be discounting the value of their transactions.

I'm down about 50%. Looking for a better way to spend my time. LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

Already surpassed September's earnings, which were better than the diddly I earned in August and the squat I earned in July. I hope things continue on this upward trend, as eBay hasn't been much of an earner for me this year. I used to do great with it. I'd like to get back to that!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I can't figure it out.

The August QCP preview finished the month with projected QCP earnings even with current earnings.

The September preview finished the month with projected QCP earnings 50% above current earnings.

So much for preview.

Now under real QCP, I'm down 30% month to date from last month. Of course I cannot compare to what "current earnings" would have been month to date, since it no longer exists.

Maybe the quality of my traffic is crappier this month compared to last, but I have a hard time believing it.

One thing I did notice in September was that QCP started the month only slightly ahead of current earnings, but steadily widened the gap as the month progressed. I certainly hope that is the case this month...
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Of course I cannot compare to what "current earnings" would have been month to date,
    Sure you can. Only takes a few seconds on a calculator. This report has your winning bid revenue and ACRUs month to date.

This QCP sucks. I am way down. I stand to loose hundreds of dollars per month if this keeps up.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Boy, do I wish eBay had some serious competition (with an affiliate program).

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Boy, do I wish eBay had some serious competition (with an affiliate program).
    I'll give you a big AMEN on that one!
    Generate more fake news.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    My earnings are down 50%. Oh well. Unfortunately, since they have no real competitor, they can do as they please.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I'm up about 50% from my previous months.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Well I'm still waiting, and holding my breath. As of October 13th ... and maybe that is too soon to tell. However right now I can report that eBay has in one fell swoop really killed what was one of my most consistent and reliable revenue streams.

In short - for the month of August, my EPC was 0.05 and now it is a whopping 0.02. For me, the the worst hits has been on my antiques websites, where I previously did very well with winning bids and some nice ACRUs.

On the other hand, this new system seems to cause my historically slow selling sites to consistently generate some pennies here and there. So, now I'm looking at a whopping 80 cents when beforehand I'd have a month from this same low performing site earning zero. Boy, I better be careful not to spend all that new money in one place!

I guess I still need to watch or listen to that podcast that I missed. In general, I find this new system extremely complicated, which makes me feel even all the more angry because I'm watching my daily earnings fall while being completely helpless to do anything about it. Maybe things will pick up the last half of October, even though I do not really understand how or why using this mystery commission system.

Steve

My stats seem to remain the same as before the switch - which is a good thing for now and tells me I can scale campaigns and create new ones. What I do find interesting is that my best performing campaign (with the most number of clicks) is paying the least amount per click (average .20 cents per click) Some campaigns with only one or two clicks are earning 40 - 50 cents/click.
    "God moves imperturbably, slowly, and with perfect organization. The only wise rate at which to live is God's rate. God get things done and they are done right and He does them without hurry. He neither fumes nor frets. He is peaceful and therefore efficient." - Norman Vincent Peale

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread