It's official, as of today Kanoodle will begin to remove all sites whose main purpose is promoting affiliate links (that seems to include shopping directories, loans directories etc).

What a lot of money they will lose! Can't see the logic behind this at all?

I tried their free $10 account promotion. I didn't notice any increase in purchases that week. My take is that they won't be around in a few years.
    [SIZE=2]
    [B][URL=http://www.readydomains.com][color=blue]ReadyDomains.com[/color][/URL] - Premium domain names for sale. Your new domain is ready!
    [/B][/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    If you got extra money to waste, give to Kanoodle and the alikes. I'd rather put money in a slot machine for better chance to win.

Kanoodle is going head-to-head with google. They are also going to release their own version of adsense. Instead of being keyword specific like google, they are going to be category specfic.

Good luck .... they will need it.

Kanoodle signed a big deal with MSN last week.

I don't blame them for not wanting to put it on a bunch of affiliate sites. A lot of them are just a big collection of payable links and nothing more.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It's official, as of today Kanoodle will begin to remove all sites whose main purpose is promoting affiliate links <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, affiliate sites are not being targeted by the SE's!

ABW Ambassador
    Not by real search engines.

(Not by real search engines- Trust)

I'd love to share your optimism Trust but I'm stick with defensive pessimism

ABW Ambassador
    Meaning no one goes to kanoodle.com for their web searches, they're just a PPC SE. And from this thread:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=265101592

they suck, so not a loss to affiliates anyway, probably good for affiliates so they don't waste their money on them.

Real search engines = Google, Yahoo, MSN

Good PPC = Adwords, Overture the main ones
    Then from the thread i linked to above, Findwhat and GoClick affiliates have said are decent.

Hawaii5
    "Kanoodle signed a big deal with MSN last week."

Nope MSNBC, big difference
    http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3330351

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Meaning no one goes to kanoodle.com for their web searches, they're just a PPC SE. And from this thread: <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No they don't but they to MSN does and they just inked a deal with Kanoodle.

ABW Ambassador
    They inked a deal with MSNBC not MSN. They are different. In July MSN is rolling out their own algo search and PPC.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Inking a deal with MSNBC or Fox News Networks makes more sense. Most affiliates are of the liberal democrat ABB persuasion and the conservatives frequenting these online news channels might be offended by the lack of content or usefulness of most affiliate template sites and go right to the higher PPCSE paying merchant Ad.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Good PPC = Adwords, Overture the main ones
    Then from the thread i linked to above, Findwhat and GoClick affiliates have said are decent.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kanoodle are (were) pretty much on par with GoClick from my experience. Still, I won't miss their (spaghetti junction) control panel.

ABW Ambassador
    Snoop, do you have a link to the official announcement? I don't see it on their site or mentioned over at webmasterworld. Was it something they announced to affiliates that have accounts with them?

I don't think there was an actual announcement as such. They sent me an automated email today telling me they would no longer list one of my sites as it is what they are calling a "replica affiliate site". I wrote back asking them why some affiliate sites are still listed (i.e. under "netzero") they replied with:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This is a brand new policy that we have just begun implementing today.

And, with over 10,000 advertisers, I am sure you understand that it is
    going to be a while before we get to all of these advertisers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it does appear they are pulling the plug on affiliate sites.

No loss really!! I already pulled the plug on them a while back as I found them to be absolutely useless. Google Adwords in my opinion is still the best even though it can work out expensive. At least you see results. Kanoodle THIS!

So what does it mean when a search engine that sucks doesn't even want affiliate links!

(So what does it mean when a search engine that sucks doesn't even want affiliate links)

Thanks Jane, I needed a good chuckle

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>(So what does it mean when a search engine that sucks doesn't even want affiliate links)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, one thing it might mean is that affiliates operate mainly on ROI, not branding, so affiliate sites aren't spending much money there while still eating up editorial or administrative resources.

The 25 bucks I spent there ranked among my worst investments. Might as well have just thrown the money in the toilet.

I've tried Kanoodle a few times with no noticeable results. Actually their keyword suggestion tools are pretty good though.

Bottom line.. 10 cents is a bit rich for the sort of traffic they send me, when I can get better traffic from Google more cheaply.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread