Error in Calendars scripts for shareasale datafeed
    I intend to buy the calendars.com scripts, so I try to install the script in my web hosting.

Here is what I get when running make.pl

----
    *** NOTE: Data > Datafeed file is ShareASale.com file format

*** NOTE: Data > Datafeed file is bar-delimited

*** FATAL ERROR ***
    BUG: no datafeed fields defined

----

Please tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

sjarief

There was a bug in that version regarding ShareASale.com.

Download DySE::Calendars v9.10.05 from:
    http://www.c3scripts.com/calendars/release/

Unzip .zip file, upload make.pl, delete data/*.db files, run make.pl

Before running make.pl, you may also want to upload data/categories.txt (found in the latest .zip) to data/categories.txt -- uploading it will save you a few minutes rather than having make.pl recreate it.

Note that without a .key file, the links will not have any affiliate ID. See key request form.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    David Cusimano

Another questions, is it possible to become your sub-affiliate using existing shareasale id? I already a calendars.com affiliate with 15% commission and don't really want to register another one only to get lower commission.

Thanks for your answer.

That's a question for the Calendars.com affiliate manager. I doubt that she would make you my sub-affiliate considering that you have a special commission rate, but you can try and ask her yourself.

If you cannot be my sub-affiliate (or don't want to be) then purchase a DySE::Calendars license. It is currently on sale for only $9.95 (regular $24.95/year). See the key request form.

You can try the demo version for free to see if it works the way you want. Demo = no affiliate ID's (just links to calendars.com home page).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

I have a problem running make.pl

It stops processing here

processing: 6900/10515 (65%) (5s left)

processing: 7000/10515 (66%) (5s left)

Help Please?

I did install the datafeed.txt also
    I can 't get anything to work with dyse

From the DySE documentation:

No "finished" section.
    If make.pl stops abruptly, your web server may be configured to monitor memory and CPU usage. The web server thus stops any process that uses up too much memory or uses up too much processing power of the web server. Try running make.pl again to determine if the problem is repeatable (this is important). If it stops again, then ask your hosting company if your web server is monitoring memory/CPU and if those limits can be increased for your web site. Tell them the URL of your make.pl so that they can try it themselves and see why the web server is stopping the make.pl process.

See: Run make.pl on your Windows PC with ActivePerl

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

thanks for the fast reply

Yes the error repeats itself, I tried running make.pl the same way I run allposters.pl on my win xp pc. allposters.pl works fine but calendars make.pl won't really start the dos prompt pops up and goes away.

If you don't have any other sugestion for running it on my pc then I'll ask my hosting company if they can help like you suggested.
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by fanlinkz
    thanks for the fast reply

Yes the error repeats itself, I tried running make.pl the same way I run allposters.pl on my win xp pc. allposters.pl works fine but calendars make.pl won't really start the dos prompt pops up and goes away.

If you don't have any other sugestion for running it on my pc then I'll ask my hosting company if they can help like you suggested.
    Thx

Oh Crap! my hosting company said they use the same cpu usage for all customers and there is no way to change that. I host at Dot5 hosting

... calendars make.pl won't really start the dos prompt pops up and goes away. ...
    Instead of double-clicking on make.pl from within Windows, instead open a DOS command prompt window (Start > Run... > cmd.exe) and go to the directory where make.pl is located (cd "c:\SOME_DIRECTORY\"). Then run make.pl (perl make.pl). See if perl or make.pl displays some sort of error.

I assume that you manually downloaded a datafeed file and put it into a directory called "data" and named the datafeed file "datafeed.txt". If make.pl can't find data/datafeed.txt then a fatal error will be reported.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

oh man I did all that uploaded to my webspace and it gives me this error when accessing mysite.com/calendars

Home > Error

Error

data.db: database is currently locked

Click here to try again

It seems to have built the database .db files, it took much longer this time so I guess it worked but I get this database locked error after uplaoding to my hosting co.

I can't even run this in demo made but when I run make.pl from my win xp computer where do I put the calendars-key.txt in the same directory as make.pl??

thx,
    Last edited by fanlinkz; January 23rd, 2010 at 10:47 PM.

I can't even run this in demo made but when I run make.pl from my win xp computer where do I put the calendars-key.txt in the same directory as make.pl??
    woot woot I got it running in demo mode now I need to put my key in, Do I need to run make.pl again with my key I am wondering?

Thx

Finally figured this all out... thanks for your help I hope the rest of the dyse stores are easier for me lol..

data.db: database is currently locked
    Delete both data/data.db.lck and make.lck from your server. When you previously ran make.pl on the server, those .lck lock files were left over because make.pl did not finish properly. The lock files prevent more than one instance of make.pl being run at the same time.

... when I run make.pl from my win xp computer where do I put the calendars-key.txt in the same directory as make.pl??
    Yes, key file always goes in the same directory where make.pl is located. When you run make.pl, it reads the key file and installs it into the data/cfg.db file. That why you must upload data/data.db (contains product data) as well as data/cfg.db (contains configuration data including your key) to your server.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread