Question How do you keep all your affiliate programs organized
    I finally have my first affiliate site up - hard products not info products, so there are a lot of different affiliate programs and several different networks. I've also been by quite a few merchants whom I haven't even added to the site yet. already, I'm getting lost trying to keep track of this stuff.

Cool
    old-fashioned filing cabinets: one for each network, a file for each active merchant. folder contains a copy of the acceptance email, the merchant's TOS, and a 4x5 card with link info.

if the merchant folds for some reason, the card goes into an inactive cabinet so if approached later I can check to see why not to pick them up again.

Affiliate Manager
    That sounds very organized but couldn't the same thing be done with the computer. Set up a folder for affiliate programs and then a subfolder for each merchant. That way if you use a lab top and work from different locations, the info is always with you.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowCooker
    That sounds very organized but couldn't the same thing be done with the computer. Set up a folder for affiliate programs and then a subfolder for each merchant. That way if you use a lab top and work from different locations, the info is always with you.
    of course, but I work from just one location. Also when I'm planning the structure of a new domain I like to pull appropriate folders and lay them out physically first as I choose the merchants for it.

Make a new folder for each merchant on your site. It's easy to keep up with that way. When you want to remove a merchant just delete their folder.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Keep it all in the noggin & hope for the best...

Kidding.. I find it a constant challenge to stay on top of things. I've tried a number of systems & combination of tools (online, offline, notebooks, organizers, spreadsheets etc).

Have yet to find the best method that works for me... but might try some that are mentioned here!

Maybe it's because I'm from an accounting background, or maybe it's because I'm a chrnic "filing is a pain so put in that big pile" kind
    of person, but the paper and mamilla folder thing isn't going to work for me.
    maybe phrased my OP wrong. How do you quickly scan a large number of vendor choices that have accepted you into their program? How do
    you quickly determine which vendor has widgets in multiple colors? If three merchants sell different models of widgets that are all equally good, and I'm going to write a post about widgets, how can I quickly compare the different programs (ie commision, cookie length)

i'd normally be thinking a database or spreadsheet but maybe that's overkill?

Quote Originally Posted by jkgourmet
    Maybe it's because I'm from an accounting background, or maybe it's because I'm a chrnic "filing is a pain so put in that big pile" kind
    of person, but the paper and mamilla folder thing isn't going to work for me.
    maybe phrased my OP wrong. How do you quickly scan a large number of vendor choices that have accepted you into their program? How do
    you quickly determine which vendor has widgets in multiple colors? If three merchants sell different models of widgets that are all equally good, and I'm going to write a post about widgets, how can I quickly compare the different programs (ie commision, cookie length)

i'd normally be thinking a database or spreadsheet but maybe that's overkill?
    I not talking about a paper file and folder at your house. I'm talking about putting your different merchants and their products in a seperate folder for each merchant on your website.

A merchant with a higher commission may not produce as well for you as a merchant with a lower commission because the higher commission merchant may not be able to convert sales well as well as the lower commission merchant.

Put all merchants out there and see who converts the best and then get rid of the ones that don't.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I gave up trying to keep track of merchants outside of the the network interface a long time ago. It was too much work for what little info I needed from it anyhow. Sometimes it's hard to remember why I am not promoting a certain merchant, but I just deal with it.

As far as keeping physical records, I finally realized that I had a "need" to hold something in my hand or to use a pen to write a note down. That is the way we were taught when we were little. I'd imagine people 20 years younger than I have less of an issue with using their computers for a filing cabinet.

Slowly over time, I am re-learning to use my computer to keep notes and records. It's much easier to find something with search than to dig thru notebooks and little pieces of paper.

I watched the pilot for TV series Star Trek a few weeks ago. At the end, when they are all on the deck, the Captain (who wasn't James Kirk), was holding a clipboard with papers on it! It looked so out of place and I don't recall ever seeing any other types of physical record keeping on any other of the shows.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread