Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Is LinkConnector a OK network
    I was looking to promote a reputed merchant who is available only in LinkConnector. Before I sign up with them, I wanted seek help here about how good or bad LC a network is. Doing a search here, I didn't see much discussion about it, so I think not many are with the network.

Their 'naked link' technology sounds more like an effort to get free seo from their affiliates and a questionable tracking system. Do they offer regular tracking links?

Any help/advice will be much appreciated.

I just dropped over 25 Linkconnector merchants from my sites. They have just changed their policy on payment. I had no problem with the minimum payment being $100, my only problem was if you do not generate $100 within a 365 period, you forfeit all of your commissions to Linkconnector. Since their merchants did not generate many sales for me, I saw no reason to give them money if I did not earn $100 in a 365 day period.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

4. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by boningroup
    I just dropped over 25 Linkconnector merchants from my sites. They have just changed their policy on payment. I had no problem with the minimum payment being $100, my only problem was if you do not generate $100 within a 365 period, you forfeit all of your commissions to Linkconnector. Since their merchants did not generate many sales for me, I saw no reason to give them money if I did not earn $100 in a 365 day period.
    Thanks, that's a big red flag. I have my answer. No LC for me.

ABW Ambassador
    if you do not generate $100 within a 365 period, you forfeit all of your commissions to Linkconnector.
    Wow, that's the most stinking network policy I've ever heard of. When did this policy come out?

I have a couple of Linkconnector merchants on my sites. Never heavily promote them. Make small sales here and there once in a while...now it's time to drop them at all.

When did this policy come out?
    I saw it last week sometime. I don't think they notified by email, if they did, I sure didn't get it.

I dropped all links also.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

LCoffers, now this ... It's corporate suicide!!!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    Wow, that's the most stinking network policy I've ever heard of. When did this policy come out?
    We never received an e-mail either. We just noticed a small blur on our dashboard and clicked on it.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    ... my only problem was if you do not generate $100 within a 365 period, you forfeit all of your commissions to Linkconnector..
    that's unbelievable, glad I stopped using them years ago.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

The search button is my friend here

I was going to promote a merchant on LinkConnector that had an item no one else did.

Then I found this thread.

if you do not generate $100 within a 365 period, you forfeit all of your commissions to Linkconnector.
    Glad I did not use them.

My take on LC
    ok I know that this is a little old thread but here is my experience with LC. The reason I tried them out, I saw some cool figures in my dashboard. This is what got me into promoting them:

I was amazed to see such high EPC figures and thought to give a shot. I chose some of my sidekick blogs to promote them and here are the stats:

Impressions: 2990
    Clicks: 554
    Leads: 0
    Sales: 0
    Commissions: 0

Since I'm pretty much tired of waiting to see any sale in my account, I turned the links to similar merchants on CJ and I already see sales getting registered at CJ. So what is it LinkConnector? What's wrong with your tracking? Why aren't clicks converting to sales/commissions? And how in the world are you getting all those HIGH EPC figures?? It didn't convert for me, not in 554 clicks. What are you up to LC? Tried to promote you but not working for me, so I give up!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't bother questioning them, there are so many better networks

Careful looking at network-wide average EPCs and assuming that's how they'll perform for you. Many times, the high ones are being used primarily by one high-performing affiliate, and your results won't be the same.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hmm I understand now. I was a bit fooled by those numbers and thought that they would convert for me good (if not equally good as per the screenshot). Thanks for explaining it Michael.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    What is the deal with LinkConnector? Did they give away the farm to attract GAN merchants?

I'm surprised at the number of merchants who appear to be flocking to a relatively obscure network...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Surprised to see and read this old thread.

My primary site earns most of its money via half a dozen LinkConnector merchants. I didn't choose to work with LinkConnector originally, but those merchants moved from SAS and CJ and ended up at LinkConnector. My site in question is pretty hard to find merchants for, so I simply followed the merchants there.

I've been getting paid regularly by the network as I've made commissions with the merchants. Never any problems with tracking, cancellations, or payments. I have no problem with them at all. (They even offer pretty decent, usable datafeeds from the merchants I use anyway.)

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

18. Thanks From:

I've actually sat down and talked with the owners and most of the affiliate managers over at LC, and have nothing but good things to say about them. They work with us regularly to make sure we have everything we need, and have always done everything they can to keep us happy.

20. Thanks From:

They still doing this?

My concerns are items listed in these posts:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/964498-post2.html

And that no one has really breathed a word about them in FOUR years...

I can shoot this over to them and find out. See if someone can come on and chat with people.

23. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    LinkConnector most likely has a dedicated sales team that went after those merchants. Or a few OPMs may be working with them.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; May 10th, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent View Post
    I can shoot this over to them and find out. See if someone can come on and chat with people.
    That would work. I haven't had time to call David Troop back...

The other thing to remember is the age of the threads. I didn't work with LC back in 2009 or so when most of these were started, so I can't speak to how things may have been handled back then, but as someone that works with them now, i'm pleased with the experience.

27. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I guess I need to try them out myself, since some merchants are going over there.

Some of this kind of reminds me of old Pepperjam threads, and some with good reason, but then actually trying them out and they're fine and the people that actually used them seemed to think the same. Never had a problem with them, even have a phone number to a network rep, not many networks do. Couple of times I had a question, got a reply the same day.

29. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent View Post
    The other thing to remember is the age of the threads. I didn't work with LC back in 2009 or so when most of these were started, so I can't speak to how things may have been handled back then...
    Don't let the age of posts fool you. Shareasale is still allowing FatWallet to run a BHO.

Anyway, just trying to see if things have been "fixed" since 2009...

31. Thanks From:

And throwing a FatWallet ad in your face when you log-in to SAS.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast