$5000 a month after tax income. What does it take to get there?
    To start........

I have joined Linkshare and Paperjam. I have been accepted in to several affiliate programs.

I have selected 3 niches total.

I am using 30 keywords per niche and will use free organic traffic. I am new so I do not want to get into PPC, yet.

I am pretty good with keyword research( finding low hanging fruit keywords, easy to rank for) and writing content. I already have my first 30 pages up.

I am working on the other 60 pages for the other 2 niches now.

After all content is up I will focus on building backlinks to my site to secure top ranking positions.

I am going to start with these 3 niches first. They are in the home products market.

1st niche gets 138,000/month searches for the keywords

2nd gets 35,000 " "

3rd gets 50,000 " "

Any tips or advice is appreciated.

Ron

ABW Ambassador
    You will need A LOT more [searches] traffic than what you have listed above.

ADDED
    Good Merchant Conversion Rates

ABW Ambassador
    $5,000 per month? A lot of work is involved in building a site that will bring in $60,000 a year.

No chance using your examples above

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron.
    ....I have joined Linkshare and Paperjam....

Any tips or advice is appreciated.
    You may be good at keyword research, but you obviously have not done any research HERE regarding affiliate networks. Do an ABW search for Linkshare and Pepperjam and you will see that PJ is the LAST network you should ever use, and that you are also asking for problems with LS.

Do more research and you'll see far better choices: Shareasale, CJ, Avantlink, Buy.at, even GAN is a better choice.

$5K/month profit? Lofty goal that will take quite a while to achieve.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I am not trying to do it with one site. If it takes 10 sites that's fine. I did ask "what does it take".

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    $5,000 per month? A lot of work is involved in building a site that will bring in $60,000 a year.

No chance using your examples above

Ok, how many more?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    You will need A LOT more [searches] traffic than what you have listed above.

ADDED
    Good Merchant Conversion Rates

ABW Ambassador
    You have got it backwards. Counting your chikens before they hatch. And that's ok, every new affiliate does that.

Forget the math. Build a site a first. Add content, see what converts, see what doesn't. Tweak your site accordingly.

Not all niches are the same. Not all merchant's are the same. Not all keywords are the same. Click thru rates, conversion rates are too varied to do the math first and then build your sites based on the math.

It will take a lot of sweat b4 you make $5000/mo post tax profits. Think years.

Think outside the box.. My first site took me 1 day to create, another day to tweak, and was earning several hundred dollars a day by day 3...

$5000 a month does not take a lot of sweat, or effort, unless you want to do it the hard way.

ABW Ambassador
    You may never reach $5,000 per month. Most affiliates will never even come close to that figure, ever

Let's say $5000 after tax is about $7500 before tax per month.

That is $241 per day profit.

I'd say it's doable.

Work smart, work hard, and work legit. It can be done. Aim high.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron.
    Ok, how many more?
    Doesn't work like that. Planning, doing your research, all good. But A B C will get you ______ It might get you thousands, it might get you $0. You might make X with one site and get there doing it a certain way and think by doing it that way with another site will yield the same results. It might, might not. You really just can't predict how it's going to turn out. You can do things to give yourself a better chance tho and then see what happens.

It can be done but you also have to invest back, don't forget, domains, servers, PPC, whatever it takes.
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmMe
    Think outside the box.. My first site took me 1 day to create, another day to tweak, and was earning several hundred dollars a day by day 3...

$5000 a month does not take a lot of sweat, or effort, unless you want to do it the hard way.
    By Day 3 making several hundred dollars everyday .... That's not a typical affiliate experience I would think.

It all depends on what you do and how you do it, what spots you hit or miss and how you hit and miss them, and there will always be external factors such as changes in demand for certain products or services, changes in the way SE's treat your site, and other sundry pure luck factors.

The question shouldn't be "how long does it take", it should be "how long would it take for *me*". The only way to find out is to try to do it. Work.

As noble as it is to have a lofty goal, the best approach is to set small short-term goals. Work on that "first sale". Try to find ways to capitalize on what seems to work for you, to get more sales. Try to find more angles to make still more sales. If things start going well, maybe consider diversifying with other products/niches. Even if you never reach your primary goal, as long as there is progress and growth, you are succeeding.

It could conceivably be done in a month, but most likely many months or several years. Could be never.

One very important thing is to try not to get sentimental about time and effort you've put in on something that is not working. If something doesn't work, DROP IT and move on to something else. All too often over the years we've seen players drop out of the scene and go belly up, because rather than adapt and change when the need arose, they burnt themselves out and ran the well dry on trying to do twice as much of what had already stopped working for them.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread