ABW Ambassador
    A question for all shoe merchants(and other merchants)
    How long will it take for you to appove/disapprove an affiliate application?

This is getting really annoying. I applied to join a cj shoe merchant's affiliate program two months ago. My application status still pending. During those two months, Ive sent a couple of emails to the merchant both using my personal email and thru CJ email center. No response what so ever. I called CJ rep two weeks ago asking her what's up with this merchant. She said some merchants get hundreds of applications everyday(hundreds everyday?), it might take a while for them to go thru the applications. She said she will send a special request for them to look into my application.

Still pending...

My experience with the applications usually take less than two days. Most merchants approve me right away. I'm not sure if the AM for this shoe merchant is really too busy(dealing with hundreds of applications daily?) or he/she is sleeping behind the desk without the merchant knowing it. Come on, you are selling shoes. Do you know how many shoe merchants out there and do you know how hard it is to sell shoes?

I'm ready to dump this merchant already. Oh wait, I can't dump them yet because my status is still pending. And there is no way to resign my application on CJ interface. I'm stucked.

I have had other shoe merchants products up on my site for the coming holiday season. There are plenty of shoes for me to sell. It's this merchant's loss. I hope they won't appove me three months later, then I will really be laughing...

It's unfortunately quite common for certain merchants' CJ apps to remain "pending" for many months (and others have complained about the same thing for years -- I've listed some example threads below).

Slow response to affiliate applications should be seen as a "signal" about the merchant's priorities. If it takes a merchant 5 months to review an affiliate application, how likely is it that the merchant will respond quickly to problems (such as tracking being disabled, or problems with a datafeed)?

Average time it takes to get approved/declined?
    GAN application response time
    Can You Beat My Oldest Pending Application?
    Application Notifications
    Merchants Pending Over 6 Months
    Pending application - how long is too long?
    Affiliate Application Process
    Tips how to get accepted in to programs?
    Oreck's Pending Applications

I've got a feeling that sometimes when there's employee turnover, the new person never even becomes aware of the fact that there is a queue of incoming applications that need to be looked over. I just went through a goosechase a few weeks ago to get approved for a program where this happened.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    I just went through a goosechase a few weeks ago to get approved for a program where this happened.
    a goosechase...LOL.

Yeah, if it is the one-of-a-kind program that I couldn't get from anywhere else, I might chase harder to get it. Luckly there are so many other shoe merchants out there.

I've sent two emails and one CJ call for following up my application. I'm fairly patient person. I understand that sometimes applications might get piled up and take days or weeks to look thru. But for months? It definitely raise a red flag on how well the merchant/AM deal with their affiliate program. Like Mark pointed out: "...how likely is it that the merchant will respond quickly to problems (such as tracking being disabled, or problems with a datafeed)?"

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    a goosechase...LOL.

Yeah, if it is the one-of-a-kind program that I couldn't get from anywhere else, I might chase harder to get it. Luckly there are so many other shoe merchants out there.

I've sent two emails and one CJ call for following up my application. I'm fairly patient person. I understand that sometimes applications might get piled up and take days or weeks to look thru. But for months? It definitely raise a red flag on how well the merchant/AM deal with their affiliate program. Like Mark pointed out: "...how likely is it that the merchant will respond quickly to problems (such as tracking being disabled, or problems with a datafeed)?"
    You may want to look into DesignerShoes.com on SAS. Barbara Thorton is an awesome AM very responsive and easy to work with! Plus sized and wide shoes only though.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblader
    You may want to look into DesignerShoes.com on SAS. Barbara Thorton is an awesome AM very responsive and easy to work with! Plus sized and wide shoes only though.
    I will check into the site and see if they have anything fits my site. Thanks.
    BTW, at this point, I'm only choosing merchants who are on popshops tho.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread