Question Changing dates of published blog posts
    I am launching my new blog and will be sending an announcement with a link to a large number of personal email contacts. I published a post about a week ago that I would like to be the very first post they see. This would necessitate changing the published date of the post.

any problem with that? Like a google slap or it being read by spiders as duplicated content or some weird thing?

Thanks.

Can't you 'sticky' that post so it stays up top?

Quote Originally Posted by jkgourmet
    I am launching my new blog and will be sending an announcement with a link to a large number of personal email contacts. I published a post about a week ago that I would like to be the very first post they see. This would necessitate changing the published date of the post.

any problem with that? Like a google slap or it being read by spiders as duplicated content or some weird thing?

Thanks.
    Why are you changing the date? Is that just to keep that particular post at the "top" of the blog?

If you're using WordPress, the newer versions allow you to make a blog post "sticky" so that it's always at the top of the blog. Just go into the dashboard and edit the post. On the top right hand side of the edit dashboard, you'll see "Visibility: Public" with an "Edit" link. Click that "Edit" link and you'll see the option to "Stick this post to the front page." Check that option, hit "OK" to save that change -- and that post will remain at the top of the blog without a problem.

If you later decide to put it back into the regular listings, simply reverse your choice on "Sticky ..." and your most current post will then go to the top of the page.
    Generate more fake news.

Sticky is a good idea, but I would also include a direct link to that post in the email that you send out.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Why are you changing the date? Is that just to keep that particular post at the "top" of the blog?

If you're using WordPress, the newer versions allow you to make a blog post "sticky" so that it's always at the top of the blog. Just go into the dashboard and edit the post. On the top right hand side of the edit dashboard, you'll see "Visibility: Public" with an "Edit" link. Click that "Edit" link and you'll see the option to "Stick this post to the front page." Check that option, hit "OK" to save that change -- and that post will remain at the top of the blog without a problem.

If you later decide to put it back into the regular listings, simply reverse your choice on "Sticky ..." and your most current post will then go to the top of the page.
    PERFECT SOLUTION that as a newbie WP user hadn't occured to me. Thank you both.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread