ABW Ambassador
    Why would plumbersurplus's products land on outdoorpros.com site
    I did a search for "sleeping bag" on popshops merchants. There are 67 products show on the search result from plumbersurplus .com. However, when I click on the landing pages, they all land on outdoorpros. com!!!

plumbersurplus .com has an affiliate program on CJ, but that program has nothing to do with outdoorpros. com. I do see both sites share the same address and contact information, but I don't think affiliates will get commission from outdoorpros. com since "This company's partnership with Commission Junction is currently inactive"(message I got when clicked on their join affiliate program link).

How could this happen? Will it be that plumbersurplus .com doing this intentionally to get free traffic? Or could it be that popshops misplace the wrong feed?

Online Marketing Consultant
    They're both on SAS too I think...You may want to write to SAS and see if their pixels are the same for both sites so you get credit for both and promote them through SAS.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Both programs are in ShareASale and run by the same "parent." Here is a quote from the PlumbersSurplus program description (the OutdoorPros description is very much the same):
    Customers have come to rely on PlumberSurplus.com for a vast product offering, high percentage of in-stock items, and competitive pricing. Along with PlumberSurplus.com Gordian Project currently has a sister outdoor site, OutdoorPros.com that specializes in outdoors products, outdoors equipment, and outdoors gear in a range of categories including Apparel, Camping, Cutlery, Gifts, Lighters, Lighting, Optics, Outdoor, Safety and Duty Gear, Skateboarding and more. Both programs are available via the SAS network. Feel free to contact Zach@plumbersurplus.com for additional information.
    (Bolding by me.) I remember speaking with a rep, maybe Zach, at ThinkTank last fall and learned about both programs. I believe you would have to sign up with each one to receive credit for those "crossover" sales, but you would need to verify that with the Aff Mgr.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblader
    They're both on SAS too I think...You may want to write to SAS and see if their pixels are the same for both sites so you get credit for both and promote them through SAS.
    The questioned Plumbersurplus popshops products links are for CJ program. But the links I mentioned are land on outdoorpros.com. Since outdoorpros is not on CJ anymore. I don't think affiliates will get credit for those links.

I don't think anybody ever check where the products actually land. That's why I'm wondering if Plumbersurplus do it on purpose or it is just a mistake.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Not sure. Would be a good question to ask though...thanks for pointing it out.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread