More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Do you realize we have NEGATIVE inflation now?
    Negative inflation in the months of March through August.
    See http://www.inflationdata.com/inflati...tInflation.asp

This explains the current rates of returns on CDs under 1%.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I had no idea. Wow weird.

That is not good when the USA powers that be have always wanted a little inflation. And that is still the case. And they cannot tweak the system enough to make some inflation or at least stay flat.

I knew when we got to close to zero interest rates they would not have as much control as they usually want.

Any links to more analysis or commentary? The newspapers have not touched this that I have seen.

Edit: Found this: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6098525.ece

I'm afraid I've never understood the difference between macro-inflation and micro-inflation - I'm afraid I can't think of anything that has gone down or stayed the same (other than my pension check). Many have soared.... meat at Walmart +70% ... cat litter at Costco +40% car oil changes +90%

Oh well, when I win my $1000000 Nobel Economics Prize I won't have to worry about inflation, either

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Negative inflation = deflation

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Have not seen this since 1955. During the Great Depression the inflation levels were as low as -10%. Not quite sure what the impact of all this will be.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Funny how you have deflation yet the morons on CNBC are still pumping the stock market up.

It's like they WANT it to crash again. (Soon baby)

There will be no real inflation until 2012 ... the market is up because all the money the banks got to save their bacon and were supposed to loan out to people they are using to buy stocks. Since everyone has more or less sold their stock before the loans to save the banks, the demand has artificially inflated stock prices. And the stock ownership has contracted a bunch. So when the 'sellers' all start heading for the exits, you are going to see a crash of mythic proportions since there will be few who CAN or would want to buy.

Only $30 Billion of the $700 Billion has been spent so far and it will take the GOV at least 2 years to get it all allocated at best.

The motto for the next 3 years will be "Brother Can You Spare A Quarter."

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Yeah, it's basically GOvernment Sachs and JPM selling the sames stocks to each other over and over again slowly ramping up the prices. With very low actual volume.

And CNBC going Rah! Rah! Rah! fooling the few retail customers with money into buying into the scam.

It's gonna hurt when it collapses.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread