2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well it's been a long trek to get to 10,000 posts here at ABW. I hate to think of all the thousands of hours of penning web ink on every subject imaginable coming to this forum. I'm sure Haiko at times wanted to bill me a bandwidth charge or perloin the occassional nuggets of wisdom into an eBook.

My quest to champion the domain bound affiliate, who wants the rewards they so justly deserve for their value-add efforts, continues. The more this industry distances itself from the eye ball mass advertising mindset the more the consumer will accept the affiliate industry.

You can bet the consumer understands, wants and demands the promises of this statement....
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TO PUT REAL VALUE INTO A CLICK ...from a shoppers viewpoint?

Happily those who didn't get it are feeling the wrath of pissed off online consumers tired of false claims, deceptive SERPs, popups/unders, spamm and info peddlers fueling the Telemarketers. True the CoC is worthless if not enforced, but it was forced upon this industry by the untied efforts of ABWers.

BHO's and their supportive enabling networks and 3rd party AM "pimps for the Ad Whores" still are a threat to consumers and honest affiliates alike. (ABW needs a glossary of coined Webmaster Mike terms) At least we have AM's who now know the meaning of conversion ratios giving us a fighting chance against the darkside with good choices of referral landing pages. Thanks Akiva for coming to the rescue of non-feed literate affiliates with your Product Showcase Creator (PSC) and all AM's seeing that SE spammers and hidden cookie stuffers are an equal threat to us as the B-a-HO's.

Hey look on the positive side I'm still not a direct competitor and know all the secrets of developing the perfect "Safe Haven Network". That plus... I'm not off topic on this post!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike and Charlie,

Congrats on attaining the 10,000th post level. I guess that puts you #2 behind the man himself, Haiko.

I've learned a few things from your posts over the years, and I thank you for that. I don't always agree with you, but sometimes I do, and it might surprise you to learn that not all of the posts I learned something from go under the "don't let this happen to you" category.

Some of your posts are more entertaining than informational, and some are quite obviously rants and raves. Oh well, we're all entitled to a few of those every now and then.

I'll end this by taking a turn on one of your popular phrases, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TO PUT REAL VALUE INTO YOUR POSTS...from a reader's viewpoint?

It's the quality, not the quantity, that counts. Looking forward to the next 10,000 if Haiko can continue to foot the bill for us.

I do have a suggestion for your next sig: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY TO PUT REAL VALUE INTO A CLICK...from a shoppers viewpoint? That statement says Mike more than any of the others you've used in the past.

Andy

I took your advice Andy and changed the sig line as this is the year for awakening. My money and efforts is on the consumer ruling the roost.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Congrats Mike!
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Congratulations Mike! I too would like to thank you very much for contributing to my education and my confusion LOL. Keep those posts coming! Your time and efforts are most appreciated.

Brad
    It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress. Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Congrats Mike....

3 years ago I spent countless hours with you on the phone. During many converstions, you mananaged to "brain dump" me tons of useful info that later I would use to take a non functional affiliate computer program and turn it around into what many feel is an industry record, from 80K to over 1.6 MM per month in under 2 years -

A Big Thank You from me...

I am where I am today in part because of what you shared with me and the direction you pointed me in...I took the ball and ran with it, but i gained valauable insight and time listening to your views and explanations back then...

Thanks again, here's to another 10K posts....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats Mike!

As a newb I wondered what the heck many of your posts were even saying - LOL but as I learned the acronyms and terminoligy affiliates use - I eventually gained a bunch of insight from your posts and appreciate your viewpoint even though we disagree on certain things.

You piss more people off than anyone here LOL but I've never doubted that your intentions were anything but "desiring fair play for domain bound affiliates" and "providing value add" for consumers. That gives you lots of leeway with me and I look forward to your next 10,000.

15 years and counting
    Congrats Mike!
    I'll like to see more people to congratulate you. It takes some courage to dig out the dirt and stand up for your ideas. I don't agree with all of them, but at least I share your concept of affiliate marketing. Somebody have to tell the world what's really going on behind the scene. ABW would not be the same without you.

Yep Congrats Mike.

Your posts have helped my efforts to piece together an understanding of this ball game.

(Not to mention confusing the hell out of me....it isn't difficult)

Still got a long way to go - I learn from your posts and those of your detractors.

The truth is out there somewhere ...

Here's to the next 10,000.

Mike:

We haven't always agreed (and I haven't always understood), but I've always appreciated your tenacity and dedication. Looking forward to the next 10,000 (without the political tangents, of course).

Thanks everyone and Charlie gets a special fresh fruit and vegetable mix today. If I was of clear thought and mind all the time I'd have given up on this industry before ABW. Regardless of my sounding mostly like a pessimist, in reality I a hopeless optimistic duck.

Taking on this industry's ethics was made a lot simplier the day I talked to Andy Rodriguez. The light bulb went off! Never met the man in person, but I knew right away together we could shove a "best practices" model up the butts of other AM's and the networks. That was actually ground zero (day one) in affiliate marketing as those who don't follow that path will have to fight the steady winds of change.

All programs are judged by conversion ratio. Both the merchant and the affiliate can grow from the worth the shopper sees on each landing page made. AM's should wear an online sales manager's cap, not an Ad agency cap. Those who do.... deserve and require the power to drive sales.

15 years and counting
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Mike - That was actually ground zero (day one) in affiliate marketing <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    We'll have to remember the date and celebrate year after year. I've seen a change myself and it was good to see it.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Taking on this industry's ethics was made a lot simplier the day I talked to Andy Rodriguez. The light bulb went off! Never met the man in person, but I knew right away together we could shove a "best practices" model up the butts of other AM's and the networks. That was actually ground zero (day one) in affiliate marketing as those who don't follow that path will have to fight the steady winds of change. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike,

I drink scotch, buy me a JW Blue Label in Vegas and let's change affiliate landscape again ...

Actually, let me buy you a few rounds, you opened the door to my current success....

Thanks again.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, congratulations! Always glad to see your posts, liberally sprinkled with advice and opinion, furthering the democratic goals of the forum.

To the next 10,000. OMG, what am I saying?

Wayne

Congratulation Mike and Charlie,

I often ask Poon's what you mean on parts of your post, but the one that I understand make alot of sense and I applaud your constant rant or rave if that is what it's called.

It helps alot of people to know that the crap is going on in this business and I thank you so much to have the Kahoonas to make the noise and make alot of us aware(Just like Haiko, Miss B and others) of what is going on!

Here's to another 10K important messages (rants or rave!).
    Your participation from this board is very valuable.

Thank you very much Mike and Charlie and I will always wish you two the very best!

Now you need to be in Vegas so we can meet you!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

I'd certainly go to Vegas and down some scotch with you guys & gals and make an fool of myself like a Don Rickles lounge act. I've promised (actually volunteered) my son to take the 2 grandkids while he's off on another overseas photo shoot for National Geographic during thta time. They get to go the the Henry Ford Musium and Greenfield Village and a Red Wings Playoff hockey game!

Now I do have some great bait setout for Andy and Haiko to digest as they solve the riddle of the perfect network. After all I have to earn my ABW title...
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...6043#855106043

Blah Blah Blah Mike & Charlie

u da Man and Bird

ABW Ambassador
    Keep those posts coming Mike. You presence on ABW is, at a minimum, greatly appreciated for entertainment purposes!!

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I will say that I thought you were the biggest for the longest time. But now that I can understand about half of what you type and even have agreed with your postings as of late, maybe your not such a after all.

BTW, you have mellowed out some the lately, maybe less time as the "Master Baiter" and more time as the "Fornicator"

Congrats Mike
    I can remember when I first started to read some of your posts, I thought to myself what the hell is this guy drinking or smoking then one day the light clicked and I learnt how to read your posts.

I still don't follow some of them all but then again you are so much well up in these matters than I ever will be that it is understandable.

I love to read your posts and I would love them even more if I understand them a bit more

Here is hoping the next 10,000 does not take so long
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Ditto what Gordon said. Congrats Mike!

Congrats and [hugs] Mike,
    I can't honestly say I understand everything in your raves and quite often I don't have the foggiest idea what you're on about, but I always find your posts entertaining

Yay, congratulations, Mike (and a squawk to Charlie too!). There is much wisdom in your posts...and even if some are pure Mike-rants, that's sometimes what's needed - always good to read your thoughts,

ABW Ambassador
    &gt;Mike, I can't honestly say I understand everything in your raves and quite often I don't have the foggiest idea what you're on...

ok

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread