Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Article Marketing the right way
    First let me start off by saying that the method I describe in this post is the way that I have done article marketing, and it has worked very well for me. Your own results may vary, depending on the quality and popularity of your articles.

Step 1 - How to choose what to write about

A lot of times when someone searches the internet it's usually because they are having problems with something, or want to try and fix something, or make it better. There could be a number of different reasons, but it usually comes down to trying to find a solution to a problem. In my articles, I always offer a solution to their problem.

Let's say your niche is in something like Soccer. The first question you have to ask yourself, is what types of problems would someone have when dealing with soccer? Several things come to mind. Maybe they want to learn more about how to play soccer, which includes how to pass the soccer ball, how to dribble the soccer ball, etc. Even if someone knows the basics of Soccer, maybe they want to better themselves. There is also people who look for Soccer drills to help try and teach Soccer. I know this from personal experience because my daughter is on a soccer team and the coach confessed that he went online to try and find drills so he could help teach the girls.

Step 2 - How to write the article for the article directory site

So now we have some good ideas about what to write concerning the soccer niche. Let's talk more about how to actually write an article that will be valuable to your soccer site. Let's say you decided to write about how to pass the soccer ball. In the opening of your article, you want to address the problem or concern of properly passing the soccer ball to your teammate, because if not done properly, the other team could easily take the ball away. Then in the body of your article, you want to give tips on how to do this the correct way. Then you want to wrap up the article by again saying how it's important to learn the proper techniques of passing the soccer ball. In the resource box, you want to give your readers a reason to click onto your site by offering even more information regarding this technique. You could say something like "For even more tips on how to <link>pass the soccer ball</link>, visit (your site here)". As you can see, I used the keyword "pass the soccer ball" which would link directly to your other article on your site.

Step 3 - How to write the article for your site

Now on your site, you want to have a different article explaining other ways (maybe more advanced) of how to pass the soccer ball. Your going to keep the format the same as far as opening the article with a problem or concern, solving the problem or addressing the concern in the body of the article, and then wrapping it up by reminding them the importance of fixing the problem.

One thing you want to avoid is re-writing the same article and having it on both your site, and on the article directory site. I can't tell you how frustrating it can be to read an article at an article directory, and then click through to a website thinking you are getting more information, only to find out your reading basically the same article you just read. Most people will leave your site immediately without ever wanting to return. On the other hand, if you do have two unique articles concerning the same topic, then the reader will eagerly read on to see what else they can learn.

Now for the article on your site, the keywords you want to focus on should be an anchor text with a link pointing to your page(s) with soccer equipment. Let's say that you have a landing page for soccer balls. In your article (on your site) you would have the anchor text "soccer ball" linked to that page. It might go something like this: "When passing the <link>soccer ball</link>, it's important to make sure your teammate is open". I usually don't go overboard with links in my articles on my site, but I do have 2 or 3 main keywords that I try to focus on that I'll have as anchor text pointing to other pages within my site.

I have a lot more information to share, but I'm gonna give people a chance to ask questions concerning this part of the process. If you have questions about what would be a good article to write concerning a certain topic, I'll be more than happy to help.

2. Thanks From:

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Good ideas and suggestions! Time to sell your own eBook

ABW Ambassador
    One of the great things about affiliate marketing, you get people who are willing to take some time out to tell others how things should be done.

Nice information Lanadili.

Great read! I hadn't been using anchor text and now I will.

I have certain topics in which I am passionate about one of those is weight loss. I have been struggling with this for many years and have had some success with certain practices.

I chose to write alot on this subject. Now Lanadili, when I submit my article to the article site what is the number of sites that you recommend I submit to? Do I write a different article for each article directory?

Thanks
    ~TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tjlovelady
    Now Lanadili, when I submit my article to the article site what is the number of sites that you recommend I submit to? Do I write a different article for each article directory?
    Hey TJ,

I'll make sure to cover these areas on the next post. I don't want to get ahead of myself

ABW Ambassador
    Nice thread, got it bookmarked. I've never done any article marketing but shall give it a try in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadili
    Hey TJ,

I'll make sure to cover these areas on the next post. I don't want to get ahead of myself
    K, Thanks

~TJ

this would make a great article!

Wonderful thread, Lanadili, and extremely generous of you to share the info. Bookmarking and looking forward to each "installment"!
    Generate more fake news.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by superCool
    this would make a great article!
    Is it an "article"... posted here

Threads like these are better than an ebook or article.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

This is the second part on how to do article marketing the right way.

Step 4 - How to optimize your articles for SEO

After you have done your keyword research and know which keywords you want to target in your article, now it's time to make sure your articles are optimized for SEO. You'll want to pick anywhere from 2-3 keywords to really focus on.

Let's start with the article your going to submit to an article directory. Make sure your main keyword is in the name of the article. For example, using our previous example of Soccer, you might want to name your article something like: "Soccer Tips - How to pass the soccer ball". After doing just a little bit of research, I learned that the keyword "Soccer tips" seemed pretty popular, so I'd make sure that keyword came first. Although it's not necessary, it does tend to help. The main point is to make sure your main keyword you want to focus on is in the name of your article. You also want to make sure you use keywords as anchor text in the resource box pointing to your site. Not to mention sprinkled throughout the article, and the keyword tags.

For the article on your site, the first place to focus on would be the <title> tag. Make sure your main keyword(s) are in this tag, along with the description meta tag. You'll also want to have one <H1> tag with your main keyword in it, and maybe even several <H2> and <H3> tags. TIP: You can use CSS to make these tags look like regular text. Also make sure to use keywords as anchor text pointing to other pages on your site contaning the products that you mention in the article. Another great thing to do (and I highly recommend) is to create a folder with your keywords in it. So for example, your folder could look like this: /soccer-tips/how-to-pass-the-soccer-ball/

Step 5 - How many articles you should submit

In all honesty, there isn't a set number of articles you should submit. It's all about how many you are comfortable submitting without compromising the quality of the article. If you can write 10 articles a day and want to submit that many, that's great. If you only want to submit 1 a week, that's great also. The main point to remember is that it's not about how many articles you submit, it's the quality of the article that matters. With that in mind, one article of great quality would be better than 10 that don't have any quality. Test the waters to see what your comfortable with, without compromising quality.

Step 6 - Where to submit your articles

The first article directory you should submit your article to is EzineArticles. They have always been the best one around since I started doing this several years ago, and from my knowledge they still are. After you have submitted (and your article is approved) then I'd wait a few days and submit the same article to other directories. The reason you should wait is because EzineArticles does not allow for duplicate articles. So make sure they approve it first, then you can submit your article to other directories. There is no need in re-writing this article unless you just want to, or plan on submitting it to other directories that don't allow duplicates (like Ezine). As far as how many article directories I submit to, I usually only do about 5, and here they are:

EzineArticles (submit here first, then wait until it's approved)
    GoArticles
    Searchwarp
    Article Dashboard
    Articlesbase

Now I haven't updated this list in awhile, so there might be better directories out there that I have listed here. If anyone knows of some other directories, I'd be happy to hear about them. I can say from experience that I usually get the best results from EzineArticles, but I know the other directories send me traffic as well.

If anyone has any questions regarding this, or maybe has an area they'd like to hear about, please let me know. I'll wait for feedback and post more in a few days

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Landalili,

Been waiting for you to come back .......

OK! I would like to voice NOT what I would call an Opposing position, but a LEARNING postion for all to learn from...

This is not to prove myself right, but to give others an option to article marketing....

You are SOOOOOOO RIGHT on Everything you have taken the time out of your busy day to Educate folks here on the benefits of article writing so far....

BUT, the Tips you have shared so far are QUALITY TIPS about Article Writing & SEO in General, and you have not delved into the guts of actually promoting and giving away that content to article marketing sites....

I told you on the other thread that I created a page from a contributor about Garage Conversions ..... Very Generic, but still a good search term...

Same kind of article that anyone may contribute to an areticle site.

Find it here.

I created it on the 10th and it was indexed the next day on google.

#25 of 1,620,000 for Garage Conversions.

I will play with it now and try to get it on page one.

MY QUESTION IS............

What are the benefits of article marketing when I can produce results like this?

Much Love!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

#25 of 1,620,000
    Sounds like time to throw in the towel. 1,620,000 results is hardly a competitive pen to play in.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    Sounds like time to throw in the towel. 1,620,000 results is hardly a competitive pen to play in.
    What do you mean????

Respectfully!

If you can't play with the big boys, get out of the play pen.

I'll have this term on page one in a month.....

That's what I do......

I still use FrontPage 2003, my web site design skills suck, but I can get those pages indexed in Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.... quickly and with top 10 results in over 50% of my efforts fast.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    I created it on the 10th and it was indexed the next day on google.

#25 of 1,620,000 for Garage Conversions.

What are the benefits of article marketing when I can produce results like this?
    Usually after an article I submit gets approved, it is seen on the 1st page of Google for a few days. This can get you a LOT more exposure, not to mention all the traffic you can get from the article directory site itself. For example, if a lot of people liked your article at EzineArticle, there is an area for the "Most Viewed" in a particular category.

I took a quick look at the article you mentioned, and already I'm scratching my head trying to figure out the value of it. I understand it's about converting a garage into a small room. So...how does that solve any problems? Or why would a person want to do something like this?

As I said in my first post, the first thing you want to do is ask yourself what types of problems a person might have when dealing with that topic. I'm sure there must be some types of problems with something like this, but the more I read the article, the more I come up empty handed.

I much rather use Press Releases, the back links seem to be more effective than article directories. Press Releases are not for building back links however, but to inform the masses about your product or services and besides with Google's digital footprint, you will only credit credit for a few backlinks even though your article will be on many sites.

Landalli,

Can you give me an example?

I threw myself out there with a page I created 3 days ago.

I'd love to see some brand new ezinearticle pages that are #1.

As I said in our off-line conversation, I don't want to be negative about this issue or step on the superb educational material that you are providing our fellow affiliates .......

Just want to know .... PLEASE!

Can you, as a professional article writing woman, provide me with a page you have submitted to an article submission service LATELY, that you can get a better ranking than mine in 24 hours?

Will it stay there for the long term?

If NOT, I should probably STOP publishing my unique content that represents EVERYTHING MY BRAIN CAN DRAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING I KNOW as well as that of my contributors to my sites.

I rant .....

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    I much rather use Press Releases, the back links seem to be more effective than article directories. Press Releases are not for building back links however, but to inform the masses about your product or services and besides with Google's digital footprint, you will only credit credit for a few backlinks even though your article will be on many sites.
    This thread is actually not about debating different methods of promotion, that is something everyone has opinions about and can discuss in other threads. What it *is* for is discussing how to effectively use article marketing *if you want to learn how to do that*.

There are tons of pros and cons threads. I would hope this thread can stay in the intended focus and not get too distracted.

Effectively using Press Releases is a whole 'nuther topic.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    Can you, as a professional article writing woman, provide me with a page you have submitted to an article submission service LATELY, that you can get a better ranking than mine in 24 hours?
    I'd rather not give out that information on a public forum. Not to mention, I haven't actually tracked the ranking of my articles in quite some time. Some do well, some not so well. Although I have had many on the 1st page of Google after getting it approved through EzineArticles.

Will it stay there for the long term?
    This all depends, but I always try to get my own site ranking better than the article I submit to article directories. Although I did a search for an article I submitted awhile back and just noticed that both my page and the article were both on page 1. Thankfully, my site was above my article on Ezine.

21. Thanks From:

It brings you backlinks. There are currently 2 articles from directories beating out your #25 right now for your term.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny O'Hare
    It brings you backlinks. There are currently 2 articles from directories beating out your #25 right now for your term.
    What can you expect after 3 days?

That's part of the love that having long term control over my content vs. publish and cross your fingers stuff provides.

I've been doing some extra researching about article marketing recently to assure ( try ) I wasn't going to shoot myself in the foot.

If I didn't have my 12 year old plus site and wasn't familiar with SEO, I'd probably feel different.

Been in this for the long haul and own everything I have ever ( close ) written.

It now appears on my site and draws 1000's of hits everyday.......

If I were a newbie in this saturated market, would I feel the same?

Prolly NOT!

Jimmy 99% of my content stays on my sites also, I understand your thinking. I am wondering why it takes you three days to get indexed. With a 12 year old site it should take about a half hour to get indexed.

Now Back to the thread, maybe we should start another on that subject.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny O'Hare
    Jimmy 99% of my content stays on my sites also, I understand your thinking. I am wondering why it takes you three days to get indexed. With a 12 year old site it should take about a half hour to get indexed.

Now Back to the thread, maybe we should start another on that subject.
    Takes about 24 hours Mr Vinny in most cases!

Said I FTP'd that thread on the 10th.

Was on page 3 of Google on the 11th.

Posted here on the 12th.

As far as the "other" thread, Landalili asked me to post my questions here.

I think I asked some VERY POINTED questions, worthy of Landalili's very experienced and well thought out response.

Thanks for the kick in the groin tho and belittling what I do!

Always a pleasure when you jump in.

http and a telephoto
    Jimmy, Vinny wasn't trying to belittle or insult you.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Jimmy, Vinny wasn't trying to belittle or insult you.
    I was afraid that by me jumping in this thread, that all of Landalilli's hard work would be side-lined by controversy.... That's why I asked to be a part of it with my alternative option to giving content away!

I'm sure that when NYF said " With a 12 year old site it should take about a half hour to get indexed ", he was encouraging me to do something I haven't been able to do in 12 years that he has mastered.

I am humbled....

Back to Landalili's thread and the CREATION & BENEFITS of article marketing.

I'll ease up and let her get to the actual submission of these articles.

She's already explained how to pick and write the artcles.

I'm sure that I will learn something....

28. Thanks From:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast