ABW Ambassador
    Good Plugin For Drop Down Menu?
    Anybody know a good plugin for a drop down menu for posts? Or I don't know if pages would be better. An example of what I'm looking for:

On the left, Find By Retailer

https://www.giftcardmall.com/

And another question. If you had something like that with many merchants. Would you make them as posts or pages to go along with the drop down menu.

I've done them before with regular html for some old sites but wanted to see if there was a good plugin out there for this on a Wordpress blog.

Hey Trust,

I don't know of an existing plugin/widget that pulls a set of posts in as a dropdown menu, but if you are interested, I could probably put one together for you. The main concern I have though in thinking about how it would work is the fact that a post title is typically rather long. Well, longer than you would want to include in a sidebar dropdown, anyway.

To answer your second question, pages is probably the way to go. Considering that each page would be more of a landing page or category. But then you get to decide if you want the menu to include child pages, too.

options options options.

I found this plugin which is a collapsing menu, but it's not exactly what you are asking for. But has some potential, I think: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/collapsing-pages/

I'm seeing a missed opportunity here. Let me know how you would like the dropdown to work and I'll see about turning it in to a plugin and making it available in the WordPress repository.

cheers.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, pages is probably better. I guess as far as the title, I would want something where I could edit what the title would be, since I want only the merchant name in the drop down when the title of the page or post would be longer. Something exactly like the giftcardmall example above.

In Wordpress with the default Categories widget, you can check a box that says -Show as dropdown- but they don't have that option with the Pages widget.

If there was something like that plus the ability to edit the title, what's seen in the dropdown, that would be nice.

I've had one of those drop down menus on an old site just making it with regular html so I guess just doing that and putting the code in the Text - Arbitrary text or HTML widget would do the trick.

Actually, having a "menu title" option would be super simple.

I'm tied up with Blog World this week, but, I've written down the details and I'll see if I can create something next week. If so, I'll post it for you to grab.

Cheers.

ABW Ambassador
    Alright cool, Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHawkins
    I've written down the details and I'll see if I can create something next week. If so, I'll post it for you to grab.
    Cheers.
    I would like to grab a piece as well, if you and trust don't mind .

I don't mind at all. I'll just post a link to it in this thread once it's ready.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread