What am I doing wrong?
    Hi all,
    I've spent most of the last 3 mos. studying and building a site and I hope to make my living from Internet Marketing. It has been 3,000 visitors later and not even one sale ! One ???!!!!! What am I doing wrong? Is this the right place to ask this question?
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]ProductsPreview.com[/FONT]

A true Affiliate site

Well - not to hurt your feelings - but if it's the site in your profile - you're selling garbage that no one wants to buy.

Join some real merchants and sell some real products and you'll start seeing some sales.

Networks to find real merchants:

http://www.cj.com/

http://shareasale.com/

http://www.avantlink.com/

http://www.linkshare.com/

Oh, when I clicked some of your links for the merchant they went to a 404 page. That doesn't help any either.

Also, your pages need to fit one screen. Customers do not like to have to schroll to the right to see all of the page.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

thanks for being honest
    thanks for being honest

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Well - not to hurt your feelings - but if it's the site in your profile - you're selling garbage that no one wants to buy.

Join some real merchants and sell some real products and you'll start seeing some sales.

Oh, when I clicked some of your links for the merchant they went to a 404 page. That doesn't help any either.

Also, your pages need to fit one screen. Customers do not like to have to schroll to the right to see all of the page.

A true Affiliate site

Any siggestions?
    Any suggestions for what products?

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy

A true Affiliate site

Something brought 3000 people to your site, find products that those people might be looking for. What you promote depends on the site and the visitors it attracts. No one can tell you that better than you can.

PS- It would be great if affiliates could expect to earn a living from one site after 3 months of work, but it is not very realistic. Many affiliates build dozens of sites and still need a j*b to earn a decent living.
    Last edited by 2busy; October 11th, 2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: PS

I'm certainly no adsense expert, but I would suggest you review the adsense TOS. I think they limit you to a max of like three adsense ads per page. You're way over that limit and, if I'm right risking you eligibility to continue running adsense.

3000 views per day??? How??? Figure that out, understand what they were lookng for but didn't find at your site. Then you've got a winner

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Good .com name tho .....

With the right reviews, you'd be in the money.

I would review Christmas products right now.

Tons of great programs on SaS with good payout.

Get rid of the crap and become a real review site.

People love reviews.

Good Luck!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

I'm certainly no adsense expert, but I would suggest you review the adsense TOS. I think they limit you to a max of like three adsense ads per page. You're way over that limit and, if I'm right risking your eligibility to continue running adsense.

3000 views per day??? How??? Figure that out, understand what they were lookng for but didn't find at your site. Then you've got a winner

Site seems to be in its infancy (whois=barely 1 month old?), so not sure where the 3000 came from?

But, like others said, once the organic traffic starts coming in, focus and narrow the theme of the site based on what site visitors want.

& dont forget to work on backlinks.

3,000 sounds like a lot of visitors to somebody who is new to the game, but....

You also have to consider.... how many of those visitors had a true interest in the products, and how many were passing through either by accident or mere curiosity.

Then you have to consider what the clickthrough rate would be on those who were actually interested enough to read on and not just hit the back button. If just half (and as web traffic goes, half is a generously optimistic figure here) of those 3,000 visitors were "that interested" (and we also must consider that most of those who are even that interested are just window shoppers anyway, no different than browsers at stores in the mall. Most of even those who were interested enough to keep reading are merely curious.)... a 5% clickthrough rate would be a fairly realistic expectation. This would leave you with about 75 people who got as far as the merchant site that you are referring them to.

If teeth whitening offers with fastlane sales pitches could convert 1 sale for every 75 visitors, most of us here would drop what we're doing and jump on that and be retired before the end of the calendar year.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Thank you guys for a precious info. I will adjust (again) the site. I think you guys are right. Back to sleepless nights

A true Affiliate site

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife
    Back to sleepless nights
    Now you're sounding like a real affiliate. -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

3000 views per day???
    No, the OP said 3,000 views in 3 months.

ABW Ambassador
    3,000 visitors in 3 months, roughly 35 visitors per day.

Not enough traffic to be getting many sales. Even if they were all targeted, you wouldn't be getting much.

Work on building a better site, and adding more good content

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    3,000 visitors in 3 months, roughly 35 visitors per day.

Not enough traffic to be getting many sales. Even if they were all targeted, you wouldn't be getting much.

Work on building a better site, and adding more good content
    And make sure that you're using a good stats/analytics program to see where those visitors are coming from, how they got there and what keywords they're using. You'll also want to know what keywords are converting once the sales start rolling in.

Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

jacknife, imho - you are promoting unknown medicines, instead of writing articles on known health problems, and then providing comparison of medicines to cure them. What you have now looks like typical MFA with no value added content, it's no wonder you can't sell anything with your amount of traffic.

What is an MFA?
    Can you explain what is MFA/

A true Affiliate site

MFA = "Made for Adsense" and refers to sites that seem to be built only or mostly to draw clicks to the Adsense ads on the page.

Not saying your site is like that, BUT -- it could be interpreted that way.

As I understand it, Google doesn't like such sites. Although I've read in one or two forums that even if Google thinks you have an MFA site, it still might not suffer if it does offer good, useful content.

As to what that means -- I've never been able to really figure out what Google wants or how they "approve" or "like" some sites and not others. If I could figure THAT out, I might be in danger of actually making some money with Adsense myself. LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    It is hard to even know where to begin. But one word comes to mind. Traffic. With enough traffic you can make money, enough to live on. But you need a site that satisfies some need. Then monetize it with ads and links. But first work on getting the traffic. Heck, you can make a living off a site with nothing but AdSense on it if you work hard enough. Find out what people want that is something you can deliver. It is not easy.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

You Might want to try affiliating with my site, 3000 visitors is sure to land you some serious cash as long as marketing a product/service they are interested in.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=124864

Otherwise,
    WHat I would do is find 1 (Just 1) Great Product and write Blog after Blog after Blog about this one product.

At the same time I would acquire incoming links to yours from relevant sites.

Make sure you target the right keyterms, the best keyterms are 3-4 word Keyterms. I found out the hard way in 2003. I spent 500 sleepless nights trying to obtain the top listing for "Online Coupon"........FInally I did it and guess what, not many people were searching "Online Coupon" (10,000+) they were searching "Online Coupons"(39,000+).....SO i started SEO'n for that keyterm, and got the top listing. "Online Coupons" Did it work? Nope. This keyterm however yielded alot ot traffic, only like 1% ever bought anything. My most Profitable keyterms were keyterms like "Online Computer Coupons" being very targeted to exactly what they wanted.
    Last edited by netnow22; October 12th, 2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: forgot paid link

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    If I were you I'd also consider adding some sort of a newsletter signup or an RSS feed so that you can market future quality content and offers to visitors. Not everyone bites on the first time around.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread