ABW Ambassador
    New to forum stuff so was just wondering what merchants think about it and affiliates who have had contests on their sites.

Was thinking something along the line of a Merchant offering up one of their products in some sort of contest for the forum members or 1 forum member picked at random.

Good for forum owner.
    Merchants gets exposure.
    Forum members can win something.

Thoughts?

Trust,
    I have contests in my newsletter, its a lot of fun and a lot of work but in the end i develope a kinship with the readers.

For what its worth, I like the idea!

ABW Ambassador
    I'd like to know too. Specially the legal part. What are the legal requirements for running sweeptakes? I am not talking about million dollar ones. Rather interested in $50 or $100 gift cards etc.

ABW Ambassador
    Any merchants out there?

Imagine a car forum with thousands of registered members. Drivewerks offers up a $200 gift certificate to the site or something else from the site. Everybody wins situation.

Affiliate Manager
    Hey I am up for it...
    The member that spazes out the most will win a free bottle of Chill Pills...

Chill Pills

Compliments of eVitamins!

I love that product!

But seriously, I am open to any suggestions.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I'm game, let me round up some stuff...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm game, let me round up some stuff... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> How about a "round" of Golf?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm all for creative contests with prizes. How about one for getting to 10,000 posts in any forum without getting kicked out. Chet you got any pills that cure "constipation of thought...diaria of words"

I'll work on this one right now. Best photos of anyone wearing Sloops jeans with suspenders gets their photo & blurb on the website, and win a free pair of jeans and suspenders of their choice.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    When my forum gets a little bigger i might be hitting some of you up for a contest or something. Forum is 98% female and it looks like out of the merchants here, Chet and Akiva have some merchants that would make a nice fit
    Maybe i can let you post deals with my aff link attached in the deals portion of the forum anytime you want

Affiliate Manager
    Trust,

Definately...
    I love spamming forums with some good deals
    J/k...

Let me know when you are ready.

I'm game!

No bull hocky prizes how about some serious prizes and CASH!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    If you've got the people then we can certainly put together prizes, let me know when you have something running.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Trust:

We love contests at phillyBurbs - we have two great ones going right now. Definitely gets folks excited. We've used it to highlight new features, driving traffic to them so folks can see the benefits. It's worked out very well.

Trust; Lingerie would be perfect! 98% women? A no brainer. PM me and let me in on the details. We're ready!

Well you guys got me brainstorming a contest with prizes to drive some traffic for a client. The concept can cause a flood of freebee prize searching worhtless traffic if the SE bots pick it up.

Sal is to shy for photo shoots as a jeans model and too cheap to hire a model so up comes a Photo Contest getting actual customers to send in photos & promo text for some free give-a-ways to the winners. Everyone loves a photo-opp.

www.sloops.com/contest.htm and I'll send a e-mail flyer to existing customers. Sent one already to the SWA group and first two replies were young gals wearing suspenders...

Must not have read the fine print as neither had sloops jeans on...must have intercepted dads e-mails and jumped on the contest with some photo and layout creativity. Damn guys with jeans will be a let down from these 2.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Amazing for a e-mail sent to 584 Holdup Customers at 10:10 has already generated 191 clicks to the contest page. Bet the friggin spammers would love to get that kind of response in the first hour....

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread