Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Monthly EPN termination is getting old
    Yes, unbelieveably, I have been terminated again by EPN.

I was terminated in August. Through the intervention of some of you here at ABW and your eBay contacts, I was reinstated.

I was terminated in September, for the same reason I was terminated in August. That time, a quick email to an eBay contact of a friend on a different forum, I was reinstated in about 3 days.

Today I got the same termination notice once more.

What a grand organization that EPN is!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
    Generate more fake news.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    It's time for one of these:

Bossguy
    EPN

Dear Sir,

F**k You. Strong letter to follow.

Sincerely,

Writerguy
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Lose 'em.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy

I was terminated in August. Through the intervention of some of you here at ABW and your eBay contacts, I was reinstated.

I was terminated in September, for the same reason I was terminated in August. That time, a quick email to an eBay contact of a friend on a different forum, I was reinstated in about 3 days.

All they had to do was tell you what caused the violation and you could have fixed it, but they'd rather chase their tails month after month with you guessing wildly what is happening.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

The nasty little EPN thugs have a real "hook" in all this, though -- according to the auto-email they sent me last month and this, their "termination" means "100% of your pending commissions will be reversed."

Although I only have $200+ due Oct. 25 for my September earnings, I had almost $200 in emergency car repairs this month so I really need to try to salvage that $200+.

The other two months, they paid me what had been pending. But the payments came AFTER I had been reinstated, so I have no way of knowing whether I'll get that Oct. 25th payment if I can't get reinstated.

Great way to run a business, isn't it??

And through it all, even when I had a phone conversation with their rep in August the first time this happened, they would not tell me exactly what "related to a previous banned account" means, so I haven't been able to take whatever action I needed to stop the insanity.
    Generate more fake news.

Ow - so sorry to hear this. EPN obviously has some kind of older data working against you but it is SOOOOO lame that they can't fix this right. I've never done eBay on CJ or EPN and this certainly doesn't motivate me to give it a go.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Yeah, it's pretty sad now that psychic powers are something you need in order to stay compliant with these arsehole affiliate managers.

Haven't we told you to quit messing around with them and use other Merchants?????

The first time someone screws you - shame on them.

The 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9th time they screw you - shame on you for keeping on letting them screw you!!!!!

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Talking

Masochist!

I don't really understand your persistence with EPN; they clearly aren't willing to exert any effort whatsoever to maintain a relationship with you.

I assume that they must pay you enough money, when you are not suspended, that you believe it's worth tolerating their insults and investing the time and effort required to get reinstated. Now, you recognize that the economics have changed since the first time this happened. When you first got on the new merry-go-round, you expected that your "reinstatement efforts" would allow you to continue riding for many spins, but instead you're getting tossed off after every spin. Now that you know better, you need to decide if the amount they pay you in a single month justifies the amount of time and effort required to get reinstated for just one more month. (And I assume you aren't ever getting paid for an entire month, but only for the period when you aren't suspended, which might be only 10 or 20 days per month. While you are suspended, are you sending them free traffic, or do you have to remove or replace the links? Or maybe they do pay you for the traffic sent during the "suspension" period?)

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I am wondering what triggers a EPN termination?

I have been with them since they were on CJ and then moved with them. I do little to no traffic but does convert when it does. Never been flagged and hope that I don't
    *touching wood

It puzzles me as to what are they doing and also triggering that

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Haven't we told you to quit messing around with them and use other Merchants?????

The first time someone screws you - shame on them.

The 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9th time they screw you - shame on you for keeping on letting them screw you!!!!!
    Not sure why this comes up continually in regards to programs like ebay. There is no other ebay. There are some things they have that other merchants carry but there is a lot other merchants don't. So depending on what you're pushing, ebay might be the only thing out there that has that.

ebay might be the only thing out there that has that.
    What about, Amazon?

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    What about, Amazon?
    Good question Dad.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    What about, Amazon?
    Apart from that Google views Amazon aff sites even lower in the food chain than it does eBay aff sites? :^)

I wonder if EPN could be brought to small claims court just to force them to try to explain to a judge how you violated their TOS. This whole drama has made me sure I'll not try EPN.

I bet it'll never happen again.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Question
    Does anyone know if this termination is by some automated process?

or

Would this be a "human" reviewing / then triggering the termination ..
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    What were you doing still promoting them?

You should have been replacing those links after the first time unless you like being treated like that by a merchant.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    What were you doing still promoting them?

You should have been replacing those links after the first time unless you like being treated like that by a merchant.

Horribly tough to find merchants that convert...

Sometimes it takes some effort.

I think WG will work it out the way he feels is best.

EPN is still a wart on the buttocks of affiliate marketing.

Like any other business ..... If you don't treat those that are making you money with some genuine respect, YOU'RE DOOMED!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

FYI -- I've tried to explain, for those of you who don't get it as to why I've stayed on with EPN, that I am sort of in a "being held hostage" situation each time this has happened and really couldn't afford to just drop a couple of hundred bucks and walk away if I could get reinstated and get the money back.

As for simply replacing the EPN links -- as Jimmy and others have pointed out, it's not real easy to replace EPN with anything else out there in some very specialized niches. So it wasn't like I was terminated, then could just sit down in a day or two and replace EPN with something else.

(And for those of you who've suggested Amazon -- I would suggest that 1) Amazon is almost as lame as EPN for earning anything, and, 2) Amazon isn't really a straight across replacement for most of my EPN auctions either.)

ANYWAY -- I just got the account reinstated. It apparently has been falling prey to some auto-termination software or something. One of the EPN people apologized for missing the flag or button click or whatever that should have been done last month so that it wouldn't have happened this month.

AND AS FAR AS THE FUTURE goes regarding EPN. I assure you I AM doing everything I can right now to get done with EPN. I strongly doubt I'll stay with them in any way after Nov. 1. But, as all of you in the affiliate marketing business know, NOTHING about it is certain, so I'll make that decision when Nov. 1 gets here.

Meanwhile, any of you who know of any serious, legitimate replacements for EPN, speak up. Otherwise, don't bug me with all the "why are you still with them??" and "what are you thinking about??" type cracks.

Well. Feel free to leave whatever cracks about all that you want. I can take it. LOL! Just don't expect me to respond or explain any further if you haven't gotten it by now. LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

Gary, I'm glad that things (appear to) have worked out (again). They owe you a fruit basket at the very least.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Well. Feel free to leave whatever cracks about all that you want. I can take it. LOL! Just don't expect me to respond or explain any further if you haven't gotten it by now. LOL!
    Oh, I figured this out a long time ago, Gary. You're just doing it for all the attention.

Seriously though, I'm sorry you've had to jump through so many hoops. Hopefully, you've jumped through your last hoop and you can pass go to collect your $200.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

A couple of days ago I got a rude letter informing me that I have been banned from EPN for cookie stuffing, they are stealing over $1K from me.

Of course I was not cookie stuffing or doing anything tricky at all, my sites have all been using the same script for over a year and rely on good old organic search traffic. I was checking my reports every day and didn't see any unusual user behavior.

I immediately responded to their email but who knows if they will get back to me. Im looking at converting my sites to Amazon but I doubt if it will perform as well.

Is there a phone # I can call them at?

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Oh, I figured this out a long time ago, Gary. You're just doing it for all the attention.
    Argh! You caught me!
    Generate more fake news.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast