How to recruit the most suitable affiliates?
    Hi guys,

I've recently started working as global affiliates manager for BitDefender, information security vendor.

I would very much appreciate it if you could jump in and express your thoughts on how to efficiently go recruiting for high potential affiliates..

What would be the smartest route(s) to take in order to reach the top affiliates in my industry?

Big thanks,

Alex

http and a telephoto
    Welcome to ABW and start reading the threads right here in the forum you posted in:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412

And be sure to check out the advertising options:
    http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBitIT
    Hi guys,

I've recently started working as global affiliates manager for BitDefender, information security vendor.

I would very much appreciate it if you could jump in and express your thoughts on how to efficiently go recruiting for high potential affiliates..

What would be the smartest route(s) to take in order to reach the top affiliates in my industry?

Big thanks,

Alex
    Wouldn't you rather have hundreds of mediocre affiliates than ONE big guy?

Smaller affiliates will be there and try to improve everyday if your program pays well.

The big guys will drop you in a second for a better paying program.

If I were to run an affiliate program, I'd rather have 500 growing sites and help them succeed, than 10 top notch sites that I can't depend on if someone offers them a better deal.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Thanks for your reply. It's an interesting angle...I agree that top affiliates may prove to be volatile but, at the same time, one might also face problems in coordinating the efforts of hundreds? Not that I'm looking for the easiest way to succeed. I'm just trying to find the balance.

The initial question can be rephrased also into: "how to (mass)-recruit for the most suitable small affiliates?"

Thanks again for expressing your thoughts. Appreciate it!

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    Smaller affiliates will be there and try to improve everyday if your program pays well.
    Not always - sometime smaller affiliates don't. It is sometimes the case that "small" affiliates don't care and you can put a lot of time, suggestions, etc. into them and get nothing back.

The big guys will drop you in a second for a better paying program.
    This is why you need relationship. If you have build a relationship with your affiliates, the big guys will give you a chance to win them over before they leave. They are with you for a reason and that reason isn't always because you have the highest commission rate. You might have a better conversion rate, better incentives, better creatives, etc.

If I were to run an affiliate program, I'd rather have 500 growing sites and help them succeed, than 10 top notch sites that I can't depend on if someone offers them a better deal.
    You must have a good mix of affiliates, not one or the other. Build your mix, build relationships and do all you can to keep your affiliates happy and they should return the favor. Not always, but usually.

JustBitIT - don't mass-recruit. You will find no one likes that. It is a one-to-one relationship and while mass-recruiting might get you a lot of affiliates, chances are, they won't be productive.

JustBitIT - don't mass-recruit. You will find no one likes that. It is a one-to-one relationship and while mass-recruiting might get you a lot of affiliates, chances are, they won't be productive.
    Sorry to piggyback off this post, but by doing a search after just joining ABW, this seems applicable to my question.

I'm looking for people to join my affiliate program by contacting their webmasters directly. If I'm not supposed to mass-recruit, what practice is best to contact websites to ask them to join my affiliate program?

Starting off, isn't it a numbers game? If I have a nicely-worded, non-spammy text template, why can't I just send to a list of webmaster emails asking them to join?

I'll gladly be directed to any other forum post that already answers my question!

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by warlock_productions
    Sorry to piggyback off this post, but by doing a search after just joining ABW, this seems applicable to my question.

I'm looking for people to join my affiliate program by contacting their webmasters directly. If I'm not supposed to mass-recruit, what practice is best to contact websites to ask them to join my affiliate program?

Starting off, isn't it a numbers game? If I have a nicely-worded, non-spammy text template, why can't I just send to a list of webmaster emails asking them to join?

I'll gladly be directed to any other forum post that already answers my question!

Thanks guys!
    That would be email spam and none of us like email spam.

Do you like getting spam email ????

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread