ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Watch What Your Linkshare RSS Feeds
    Fujitsu have recently changed their RSS feed to now use standard links (with no affiliate tracking) where before they would include your LS Affiliate link. I think this very dodgy and quite sneaky for the Fujitsu affiliate manager to change these links so we now don't get paid for any sales. Linkshare need to sort this mess out to and create a standard where merchants can't do this sort of thing.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Ya, that does suck. It just adds to a lot of the mistrust I've seen in this industry. I hope they come out and say they did that. I guess you could verify the links have your affiliate code programatically.

Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemad
    Ya, that does suck. It just adds to a lot of the mistrust I've seen in this industry. I hope they come out and say they did that. I guess you could verify the links have your affiliate code programatically.

Mike
    Yes I guess I could program it to add a link if the merchant offers direct linking. The only problem with that is if they are showing LS lnks like they were and are later changed to non affiliate links or vice versa then it can be a lot of extra work. It would be much easier if Linkshare programmers got off their lazy ass's and programed the interface properly in the first place so these stupid affiliate managers don't screw up like this. As I have said before, it's great to have RSS feeds but if they had only bothered to spend a couple more hours on it to make is so much better then all these problems would not happen. If a small network like Avantlink can do it then there is no reason that Linkshare and all their army of staff can't make this properly.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Ya, it would be better but that's not the reality right now. I developed a program (DropWidget) that interfaces directly with the CJ API and LinkShare API. CJ was very helpful whereas LinkShare didn't seem to want my business. Wonder how they're doing through the recession.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; December 15th, 2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Removed manual signature

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread