Different perspective on SEO
    Here's a long but very worthwhile article on SEO and also on social media marketing. The author is a very successful and pretty unconventional online marketer. Excellent information and a lot to think about from a legitimate "contrarian" when it comes to making lots of money online. Enjoy:

http://makemoneyforbeginners.blogspo...stry-will.html

Would be very interested in seeing reactions to that.
    Generate more fake news.

I read the whole thing and am thinking he seems way over confident in his idea. Everybody knows that back links are important, but I really doubt that it's as simple as he makes out. The whole article looks like link bait to me. If he can create enough controversy he can get a lot of traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    The whole article looks like link bait to me.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

If you Google "make money online" either with or without the quote marks, you'll find spots #2 and (I think) #5 on page one are two fairly plain, ho-hum looking blogspot.com blogs. This guy owns and runs 'em both. Doing pretty much what he says in this post.

Looks like "proof is in the pudding" somewhat, eh?

I'm not suggesting you can toss out all you may be doing with onsite SEO -- but I suspect there's a TON of it that's mostly, as "Grizz" (the guy who runs those blogs) suggests, a lot of smoke and mirrors.
    Generate more fake news.

I started to read the article, but got bored after a minute, because it looked just like I was reading my own thoughts on the subject. lol

Nice link, thanks for that. I believe in what the article was claiming because we have proven the method in sites our customers own, as well as ours.

One instance where we get one of our customers elated was when her website ranked number 1 in G for a keyword which bears the business name of her competition, so that whenever any customer who type in the competitions' business name in search - our customers website would always come up first.

Our customers site does not even have the keyword in their domain name, no article was written containing the keyword and the keyword was only slightly mentioned in one of our customers page.

All we did was to build backlinks to the site with the competitors keyword as the anchor text.

Easy? Not really. Unethical? Depends on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by seojann
    Easy? Not really. Unethical? Depends on the person.
    I think you forgot.. will Big G notice and give me the boot? That's the big question...

Quote Originally Posted by gcarson
    I think you forgot.. will Big G notice and give me the boot? That's the big question...
    And I mention this as I was shown an example where an affiliate did this. Ended up out ranking his competitor with their own name. Then, google caught on that they built backlinks like you described and they got the boot. Just something to think about.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Since this got bumped

May I say that I absolutely disagree with his perspective on SEO!

SEO is EVERYTHING.

I get hits from 1000's of different pages in my sites everyday!

My home page on SR isn't even in the top 5 of my most visited pages and it's a PR5.

While the affiliate market is getting more and more congested, sites that....

- Have Quality, Keyword Rich Content...
    - Name the page to match the content ( my_cool_info.html )
    - Have Keyword Rich Header Tags
    - Create a Quality Title Tag for every page
    - Create Pinpointed Description Tags

..... will have good luck in the search engines.....

It's just THAT SIMPLE!

Gotta have the content that people need to solve the issue at hand before anyone will backlink to you....

IMHO

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

I didn't say that it's our whole strategy. I said the method works and we have proven it several times already. Besides, our customers content is similar and in-line with their competition, so don't you guys think that Google will not consider that. Another thing is, we believe as long as your content is relevant to the keywords you're targeting - the search engines will not penalize your website.

Last time we checked and that was 8 months ago, our customer still keeps her spot in page 1 of ALL search engines. And that's all backlinks only.

To give you an idea on how we create links, here's a layout of just ONE of our link building methods:

[link removed]

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    Since this got bumped

May I say that I absolutely disagree with his perspective on SEO!

SEO is EVERYTHING.

I get hits from 1000's of different pages in my sites everyday!

My home page on SR isn't even in the top 5 of my most visited pages and it's a PR5.

While the affiliate market is getting more and more congested, sites that....

- Have Quality, Keyword Rich Content...
    - Name the page to match the content ( my_cool_info.html )
    - Have Keyword Rich Header Tags
    - Create a Quality Title Tag for every page
    - Create Pinpointed Description Tags

..... will have good luck in the search engines.....

It's just THAT SIMPLE!

Gotta have the content that people need to solve the issue at hand before anyone will backlink to you....

IMHO
    Last edited by Merchant Consultant Team; February 17th, 2010 at 10:08 AM.

We don't believe that Google knows everything going on the web today. With billions of sites on the internet, they don't have the manpower to check each and every website online - even if they spend a lifetime checking.

To tell you a fact, the competition even complained to the government department authorizing licensing for this kind of business, but even them can't do anything about it. I'm sure they reported the same with the search engines but still - we keep the spot.

We'd like to believe we're mavericks when it comes to testing different SEO techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by gcarson
    And I mention this as I was shown an example where an affiliate did this. Ended up out ranking his competitor with their own name. Then, google caught on that they built backlinks like you described and they got the boot. Just something to think about.

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    The only reason I am on ABW is to get back links from my sig

Seriously though...The adobe example is an outlier in my opinion just from the mere fact that Adobe is a HUGE brand and has a ridiculous amount of back links.

Let's also remember that SEO is part of MARKETING. Good marketing includes a lot more than just ranking well.

re:Different perspective on SEO
    hello,
    thanks for sharing this information before read your site i have a little knowledge about this. this is
    If you do any blogging on online writing trying to make money in any way, you certainly have seen or heard the term “SEO.” The letters stand for “search engine optimization.” I just read an excellent, but very different, article about what SEO has come to mean, and what it really SHOULD be — written by someone I respect highly when it comes to online marketing. Take a look at his article for yourself. I hope you’ll click that link and read it thoroughly. It offers some really practical, simple advice if you’re an online writer/marketer.

To summarize what the writer — known affectionately to his regular readers as “Grizzly” or “Grizz” — is saying, he maintains that true “SEO” (Search Engine Optimization) simply means getting keyword targeted “backlinks” to your website, blog post, or whatever. That, he says, plus using keywords in your writing that are being searched for regularly in Google and the other major search engines, will do the trick. The rest of everything you’ve heard or read about SEO is either just plain wrong or is being used to con you out of your time or money.

Grizz is suggesting, for example, that the best way to rank highly in Google for something like “weight loss pills,” would be to write useful content about weight loss pills, then get lots of links back to your content using those words as anchor for the links.

Sure makes sense to me. I’ve often wondered how folks can seriously believe all the clever and sometimes downright deceptive things they do to rank highly in Google is any basis for regular, steady success online.

but after your information i am happy now

thanks!!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread