Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    There have been a few threads on this, but I wanted your opinions on an offer someone made to me. They, actually, haven't given a price, just asked me what mine would be. Here are the facts:

The site is only a few months old, and really just has a skeleton of a structure. So, sales haven't really occurred yet, because I was working on the content rather than merchandise still.

It has a cute name, that people can remember.

The buyer-to-be owns the '.tv' url, and will be directing radio and tv ads to their site. Obviously, they want to make sure people do not just type in the .com , and end up on my site.

So, the site has generated nominal income, but actually could end up being kind of popular.

I have about $300 invested in the site, what with artwork and inclusions, etc, along with dozens of hours of work.

What kind of a range do you think is fair?
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm...I'd be very tempted to keep it as people will be typing in the .com by accident . Basically, all you will be selling though is the domain name. I'd ask for a high price ($10K and up) and negotiate from there.

$11,457.00 would be fair.

I was thinking $11,458.00 What formula did YOU use SamBay?
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

People will type in the domain by accident, find they are in the wrong place and immeadiately leave. At least that is what happens when I make typos...

"but I wanted your opinions on an offer someone made to me."
    --------------------
    "It has a cute name, that people can remember.

The buyer-to-be owns the '.tv' url, and will be directing radio and tv ads to their site. Obviously, they want to make sure people do not just type in the .com , and end up on my site."
    --------------------

Take or leave it, this is my opinion and a real one, even if it may sound stupid today.

If It has a cute name, that people can remember and the buyer-to-be owns the '.tv' url, and will be directing radio and tv ads to their site, just sit on it and seize the moment and enjoy the free publicity that that his ads will bring to your .com site.

In a few months after you had gained those extra free visitors you will be able to get a better price tag on your .com name.

Just remember all those $7millions dollars that a simple business . com made for somebody a cople a years ago...

Sal.

NOTE: Think BIG or just sell yourself SHORT today just for a few dollars.

ABW Ambassador
    Tom - If it's the "b.o.c." one, I wouldn't pay a nickel more than 10K for it.

- - - -
    Tom - If it's the "b.o.c." one, I wouldn't pay a nickel more than 10K for it.
    - - - -

lol, no not that one.

Chief- Oh and for 10K the BOC site is YOURS, I'll throw in a ribbon, bow, and some fancy schmancy wrapping paper, lololol....

I wouldn't even reveal a price.

Instead I would email or write to them expressing your appreciation of their interest and declare that you had not considered selling the .com and subsequently you have not placed a price tag on it yet but that you would (in confidence) be happy to entertain their proposals in principal, subject to their provisional offer being acceptable.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread