a merchant or anyone for that matter that will give me the capability to display a weather radar on my site. I have an outdoor site and I think that would be useful for my visitors to be able to get the weather for their area when planning a trip. I would like the radar to be a part of my site...kinda like weather.com. Any ideas? Thanks a million...btw...I hope this is the right place to post a question like this...if not, slap my hand and move my question.

ABW Ambassador
    You might try searching the weather service site, www.noaa.gov. Not sure how you would link to them but you should find something there. The information is generally free though I think they do have fees for certain info that needs to be processed for your use.

Wayne

I'm looking for something that will keep customers coming back to my site. I know that weather radars are popular and easy to use at say noaa or weather.com but I'm looking for something that I can display on my site that shows something similar, like a radar or forcast that wont take the visitor to a different site. This would be a free service but of course I would like to provide links to a merchant that provides weather equipment so hikers and campers will know of servere weather alerts and so on. Just an idea. What do you guys think? and can you help? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What do you guys think? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'd be a cool addition to a content site as an additional feature, but I'm not so sure about how much value it'd be for return traffic if that was the only draw--mainly because everybody and his nephew already knows about weather.com and will probably type that in when their primary interest is the weather.

For good sticky-value I'd think you'd need something that most people don't already consider a different site to be the "expert" of (or at least not one that they've memorized the URL of the other site). I'm not sure what that'd be for that category, though.

Maybe Bryan from BackcountryStore has some ideas. Hiking and Camping are right up their alley...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread