Will you put Adsense in Product page?
    Hi all,
    will you place Adsense on your product "Full Review" page? Is it good or bad?
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]ProductsPreview.com[/FONT]

A true Affiliate site

Never..

I don't use AdSense at all - I prefer commission dollars to pennies per click.

Also, I'm not keen on the fact you lose the reader to another site, usually a competitor.

The only time I used Adsense was in the early stages of my first site - I was having conversion problems, and was trying to generate some revenue. It's not a bad thing, just a little short-sighted.

Improving conversions on your page/site is a better payoff in the long run.

How did you fix your conversion problems?

A true Affiliate site

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife
    How did you fix your conversion problems?
    You fix your conversion problems by fixing your site first so that your site looks like it should. When customers go to a site that is screwed up they leave without buying anything.

We've told you to fix your site but you won't listen to us.

Why ask us to help you when you don't listen to anything we tell you.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Burgerboy,
    Every time I ask a question, I am getting "But we told you". First of all, I am changing ! Second, I don't have to agree to everything. Trust me I have a lot of experience on the internet probably more then a lot of people here. So please, my questions are to improve and to educate myself. I don't need to hear this Father voice (nag, nag, nag). If you don't like my questions, don't answer !

A true Affiliate site

http and a telephoto
    Jacknife... it annoys people when you ask repeat questions in multiple threads. This happened to be a new thread, but your others you have asked the same thing over and over so it appears you aren't listening.

We help people that pay attention and at least acknowledge that they are listening. We are not here to help people that ignore the assistance they are given or that act offended because they don't like the information they get.

A thick skin is needed here, and if you ask for info, acknowledge it and move on.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Jacknife as I mentioned in your site review (I know you don't want to hear "But we told you". Tough shit, if you don't want the advice don't read it.) Adsense the way you're using it is likely to cost you money. On your product "review" pages, you've pretty much surrounded the review with Adsense ads, with a Purchase Link at the bottom of the page after the customer testimonials. Now assuming that I'm not a Type A personality and actually made it through the testimonials (another topic altogether) then you've given me six additional links to distract me that really won't earn you much money. If in fact I don't make it through the testimonials, then my only other option is an ad.

Now about the testimonials. I know this isn't what you asked about but hey it's what I saw. Didn't I mention before that you can't steal crap from other sites? Is there anything on your site that you created yourself? You really need to redo your site and add ORIGINAL content. The SE's don't like duplicate content and most sites don't appreciate having their content ripped off.

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; October 19th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

http and a telephoto
    I was wrong, you did have a thread on Adsense already:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=124932

Ripping off content from other sites? (per rematt) That'll get you kicked off the internet...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Hi all,
    will you place Adsense on your product "Full Review" page? Is it good or bad?
    I never place adsense ads on my product pages. It's considered a leak and takes your visitor away from what you are promoting.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Burgerboy,
    Every time I ask a question, I am getting "But we told you". First of all, I am changing ! Second, I don't have to agree to everything. Trust me I have a lot of experience on the internet probably more then a lot of people here. So please, my questions are to improve and to educate myself. I don't need to hear this Father voice (nag, nag, nag). If you don't like my questions, don't answer !
    People have spent their own precious time looking at your crappy little site and giving you IN DEPTH fixes to the problems you came looking for.

WE DON'T LIKE NAGGING LITTLE CHILDREN....

[Removed uncalled-for comment]
    Last edited by Merchant Consultant Team; October 19th, 2009 at 04:18 PM.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

You know, I thought that this forum is for people to learn, get eduction, ask questions, advance, make money, talk about everything regarding Internet Marketing. What I am finding out is that there are some people who think they are high school teachers. They will give you advice but don't ask too much. And god forbid you won't agree with them!
    Maybe you guys are right and maybe the school method is the way. But not for me ! I am past high school, I am past college. and for you RemodelingGuy (Don't you have to break a wall or something) maybe I have a crappy site (jealous?) but it is my baby and I will bring it to where it should be, with or without your help.
    I will not post anymore questions in this Forum. Thanks for all your great input and I wish you luck !

A true Affiliate site

ABW Ambassador
    You know, I thought that this forum is for people to learn, get eduction, ask questions, advance, make money, talk about everything regarding Internet Marketing. What I am finding out is that there are some people who think they are high school teachers. They will give you advice but don't ask too much. And god forbid you won't agree with them!
    Maybe you guys are right and maybe the school method is the way. But not for me ! I am past high school, I am past college. and for you RemodelingGuy (Don't you have to break a wall or something) maybe I have a crappy site (jealous?) but it is my baby and I will bring it to where it should be, with or without your help.
    I will not post anymore questions in this Forum. Thanks for all your great input and I wish you luck !

When you have matured, then please come back, you will be welcomed.

Good luck with your quest.

Question
    Burgerboy,
    Will you be my mentor?

Hi all,
    I am looking to hook-up with a partner who have experience in affiliate marketing and will like to partner with a newbie such as myself. I constructed a website, dedicated to the Health Supplement market but my site will not convert. I am willing to do whatever it takes and offcourse willing to share. If you feel it is something you would like to sink your teeth into, Please let me know. Please, only serious people and only ones who actually make money in this business.

Thanks
    Mack the Knife?

Pedro Navaja? (Aka jacknife?)

Jacknife I was in the middle of the third paragraph of a post explaining why we may seem harsh sometimes. I went on to explain the benefits of ABW and how it would be a shame if you let your ego get in the way of common sense. It was really turning out to be a really good post. But screw it. You're an adult.

If you choose to leave, good luck. If you choose to stay, you had better toughen up. Usually no one is trying to be mean, we just don't always have the time to sugar coat everything, we've got our own sites to maintain.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Take the bad, as a good and let it guide you to where / what you should be doing ...

BTW .. there is chat room .. come in and ill answer all your newbie questions to the best of my intel !
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread