ABW Ambassador
    Does anyone know how to get the little rounded cell edges in Dreamweaver like Frontpage does? I know Frontpage will do it automatically, but will Dreamweaver do it as well or do I have to actually make little images to get the effect?

And also, now I've forgotten the second question, oh yeah. This one is kinda weird, but I'm wanting to put a few keywords into a few sentences at the top of a site. I figured if I had a little rounded edge box it might not look as bad, but I'm wanting to put the text up there without it pushing my products and stuff down too far and making things look unprofessional. I know how to swap the cells usinging rowspan to get the right column on the left, but maybe I can put some text at the bottom and do something similar to get it up top. Maybe I just need to go to some professional sites and see how they cram in some text at the top and still make it look good. I guess that would probably work. Hopefully that made sense. I shouldn't be up this late anyway.
    I forgot what I was doing.

Well I just woke up and I am totally confused...

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think Dreamweaver does it. At least the version I have doesn't.

Nah...

ABW Ambassador
    Lol, sorry about that. I just read it after I got some sleep. Yeah, that's a little confusing. Thanks for attempting to decipher it though and for the answers.
    I forgot what I was doing.

Q 1 : Rounded cells?

A 1 : You cannot make rounded cells with any HTML editor, dreamweaver or frontpage. Anything round is an image.

So, you will need to make small round image, and insert into in cell in that particular table. You can even do this, in Windows' Paint program. Get one of those round boxes, cut them up, then convert it to .gif or .jpg

Q 2 : Text on the top?

A 2 : If you want the text to be placed to top of a particular cell, you'll need to put valign="top" in that cell's attributes. In Dreamveawer, it's in the properties box, labeled as Vert, select top from it.

ABW Ambassador
    Bpal:,

To place the sentences at the top of the page in Google, simply add them as the alt text of your first image. This does not change the layout of your page in any way and believe me it will hold as much weight as if it were written on the page. (as long as you are close to current suggested limits in all your elements)

Bear in mind that google will use the first text it finds on your page as the Description of your page until the page is fully indexed so this is a very good place to put the text you want to appear in the SERPS.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dirk Gardner:
    Bpal:,

To place the sentences at the top of the page in Google, simply add them as the alt text of your first image. This does not change the layout of your page in any way and believe me it will hold as much weight as if it were written on the page. (as long as you are close to current suggested limits in all your elements) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet, I did not know this. Thanks a bunch Dirk for your insights. ABW is the place to be! Good luck bpal!

Brad

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread