ABW Ambassador
    First, I know I said it before lately, but thank you all for your help. I just wanted to take a moment, though it might not matter to many of you, to share one of my biggest motivators in doing affiliate marketing. That motivator would be my girlfriend (soon to be fiance). I posted the other day about Frontpage being on sale at Best Buy. It was normally $199.99, and it was on sale for $179.99 and you also get a $20 gift card. Well, we already had $20 in gift certificates from Best Buy's reward program, so it was almost like getting another $20 off because the $20 gift card replaced the one we had already... if that all made sense. Anyway, my wonderful girlfriend who already works six days a week sometimes from sun up to sun down just spent around $170 on me for this software (well, $20 less if you count the gift card we just got as cash).

That's why I got so excited over my first sale the other day. My goal for this year is to get to 2k a month and allow her to quit her job and join me working on websites. It may be a massive goal just starting out, but I would love to hit around 1k to 1.5k per month by around August or September. So thank you everyone for all of your help. Every question you help with, every idea you send my way, and every long post of mine that you take the time to read and respond to really helps.

She bought me a copy of Frontpage, now my goal is to get to the point where I can buy hers.

Thanks again everyone.
    I forgot what I was doing.

ABW Ambassador
    Good luck bpal,

Your goals are realistic and I know how hard you're working. You can get there. It only took me 3 months to get to $1,000, so I know that it can be done.

Best wishes, Lily

http and a telephoto
    Ditto what Aunt Lilly said. I putzed around with affiliate program links for a couple of years, making $50-$150 a month most of the year and more 4thQ. Then I had a major life upheavel for the second time in 2 years, found ABW and realized a datafeed site I had *was making real money*. So I focused and am at the 1k per month level and it has only been a couple of months that I have really been working on this. My goal is a *steady* 1.5-2k in the next couple of months, not dependant on 1 or 2 merchants since any program can bite the dust at any given moment.

You can do it to if you read, research and build, build, build and refine, refine, refine. Use the tools that various AM's have available to you and don't always start out trying to reinvent the wheel. Personalize, target and modify...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Loxly,
    _______
    My goal is a *steady* 1.5-2k in the next couple of months, not dependant on 1 or 2 merchants since any program can bite the dust at any given moment.
    _______

You're right about diversificatin. Not only do they die, but it's a very seasonal world. Every quarter, a different merchant gets me to my goal.

Lily

bpal!
    I expect that soon you will be one of the members that newbies look up to!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks you guys... this thread is even more motivation for me.
    I forgot what I was doing.

Congrats bpal!

(man, I gots to find me a new girl friend ...)

ABW Ambassador
    bpal, i think you'll do just fine and even exceed your goals. You seem to pick up stuff pretty quickly and ask a lot of good questions other people first getting into this should be asking. Those are good signs

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread