Smile Shopping/Price Comparison Scripts/CMS
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to find out what are some of the best out of the box shopping/price comparison scripts out there that you can further develop to tailor to your own needs?

So far I've found http://www.kaonsoftwares.com/price-comparison-script.html and http://www.pricetapestry.com/.

Good thing about Kaon is that it seems very well developed and powerful but unfortunately it is encrypted which means I won't be able to develop it further.

With Price Tapestry, it is cheaper and customisable but it seems it only supports affiliate data feeds, not merchants. There's no merchant/user backend like Kaon.

I'm looking for a solution that is able to handle affiliate feeds as well as direct merchant feeds. Examples are:

www.getprice.com.au
    www.shopping.com
    www.myshopping.com.au

Also it is able to track clicks and IP address.

Does anyone know of any free or paid solutions out there besides the one I've mentioned or do most of these big comparison sites start off with a custom made solution?
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; October 21st, 2009 at 11:12 PM.

There's a thread about Datafeed Studio from last year. You might also want to see my datafeed experience (list of threads)

Thanks Mark,

I just got back into affiliate marketing and looking at datafeeds. Those threads seem very helpful.

I am also looking a price comparison script but pricetapestry looks like very basic, I am very lazy man and i don't want to waste my time with pricetapesty to enhance or make it according to the industry standard. I need a comprehensive script to run my website.

I find kaonsoftware, it looks like a comprehensive script but the problem is it doesn't work on the shared host server, I can't afford VPS or dedicated server at this time. Moreover so many users are unhappy with kaon and sharing their bad experience on various forums and websites.

I also see axisitp, it looks like a comprehensive script too and it works on shared host server as well, but the price is $900USD which is out of my budget.

My budget is $350USD only, any suggestion will be appreciated.

I use price tapestry which is for me by far the best solution, ramosthemes.com did some custom work for my daily deals site which I am very happy with, I asked them about a members area for their templates they said they're adding this feature to a new template with some features that sound interesting - not sure about a merchant area though.

I have no problem about the design work because I can design a nice template myself. price tapestry is really very basic in both front-end and back-end side. I am looking a comprehensive script.
    Here is my priority list.

1) AxisITP
    2) KaonSoftware
    3) PriceTapestry

Hi Mark, yeah I'm making a pro version of my Price Compare theme with members area and some cool features including saved searches, price alerts, favourites / wish list, popular cat's / prods optional 1,2 or 3 column layout and loads more, plenty of nice visitor data to play with!

I myself would go with price tapestry because of the fact that it is very basic giving you a blank canvas to build from, you're going to want to make it bespoke eventually but if you're lazy then kaon software looks okay but you won't get the support you do from David at Price Tapestry.

Quote Originally Posted by ramosthemes View Post
    Hi Mark, yeah I'm making a pro version of my Price Compare theme with members area and some cool features including saved searches, price alerts, favourites / wish list, popular cat's / prods
    Thanks for your suggestion. Do you think adding these basic features can make your template pro version?

Making a template is not a challenge for me. I have tested kaon, axisitp and pricetapestry. I am really looking advance script with easy interface. I also need some templates for my other projects and i will contact with you if you are interested.

Also I didn't mention price history graph...I wouldn't say a basic feature.

Yeah sure pm me through here or contact me through my site.

shopping/price comparison scripts
    1) AxisITP
    2) KaonSoftware
    3) PriceTapestry

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread